Do WW have light shoes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MiNtzNUrMth

by MiNtzNUrMth

Just alittle question to all the guys whos bikes are 15lbs or lighter. Do you guys get the lightest shoes and helmets you can or do you just get whatever? I just think it would be a shame to have such a light bike and heavy shoes. Also what are the lightest shoes on the market (rocket 7) maybe?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wally318

by wally318

I agree with you I think. Shoes and pedals are next in pecking order to wheels and tires, as money best spent to performance yeilds. Go to google and check LUST racing they can make a shoe that weighs 120-130 grams size 42-43.

zoey

by zoey

You can also check out http://www.rocket7.com/
Cheers,
:lol:

"Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Click Here to see my Scott CR1.

Bititanio

by Bititanio

The Rocket shoes are very light -- mine are made esp. for the speedpaly cleat, and so have the four screw holes and do not require the adapter plate.

I use a Catlike Kompact 2 helment -- pretty light, great fit, great ventilation. Tried the Selev Alien and Atom, but they just didn't work for my head.

zoey

by zoey

Bititanio wrote: Tried the Selev Alien and Atom, but they just didn't work for my head.

I've got the Selev Alien and love it. At 210g it is pretty light.
Cheers,
:lol:

"Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Click Here to see my Scott CR1.

bikerb

by bikerb

MiNtzNUrMth wrote: Also what are the lightest shoes on the market (rocket 7) maybe?

I am pretty sure the LUST's are the lightest, the listings has them at 128 per shoe, that is about half the weight of the nearest competitor.

I have a pair on order, they should be done pretty soon. I got some special aluminized/siver carbon fiber for the soles. They are going to look sweet! I will post some pictures and the weight as soon as I get them.

danielgillett

by danielgillett

I was actually thinking about this kind of subject the other day.

I mean, I think we all do it, but for the right reasons... Who wears heavy jackets, and bib tights when it's cold and they go riding?

For shoes, Vittoria Shoes are my favourite, I've had them ever since I was 11, and they are very light, but also very rigid, but comfortable.

I am using the Arrow Full Carbon model.
Attachments
arrow.JPG

Incomplete Pete

by Incomplete Pete

I just have a Pneumo 'n some Hautacams!

rico

by rico

Light shoes may be important, but not sure I'd want to ride anything with 'LUST' written all over it...

I'll stick with my Poggio 2s.

rico

bikerb

by bikerb

rico wrote:Light shoes may be important, but not sure I'd want to ride anything with 'LUST' written all over it...

I'll stick with my Poggio 2s.

rico

You know he can probably make custom straps for you with anything you want on them. Everything on these shoes is custom.

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

Bart's a real good guy. I'm sure he might be willing to change some stuff for you...I have to admit I did laugh when I saw my buddy's LUST shoes. The fabric he used on the inside looked like something from Sesame Street. that, and in real life, they really DO look like ballet slippers.

bikerb

by bikerb

Racing Aardvark wrote:Bart's a real good guy. I'm sure he might be willing to change some stuff for you...I have to admit I did laugh when I saw my buddy's LUST shoes. The fabric he used on the inside looked like something from Sesame Street. that, and in real life, they really DO look like ballet slippers.

As long as they are comfortable!

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

comfy they are, according to their owners. I know one of the guys has been using them for at least 4 years (and I think it's been the same pair!)

bikerb

by bikerb

Here are the new LUST's! When you put them on, you think that nothing is there!

Weight: 395g for the pair
Size: 45
Attachments
LUST2.jpg
LUST.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobalou

by bobalou

395 for the pair is pretty damn light! But how much $$ for them?

I've got the Nike Poggio's. 260 grams (quoted). I took the inner soles out, they fit my foot better that way, but I got wide feet. Not sure if they still sell the poggio's I think it's been upgraded to the poggio II's. I've gotten lots and lots of miles out of the poggio's. Maybe 9,000 miles (15km?).

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=200 ... ke_poggio2