Zemper Velox UL HT: for sale!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

:goodpost:
Ontopic again...We were talking about Zemper! :wink: :lol:
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Maybe the worlds lightest hardtail with disc-brakes? No claimed weights and a picture to prove the actual weight = 7,95 kg (calculated weight is 7.947 grams).

as written before some upgrades are coming:

- Tune wheelset, about - 80 grams,
- Schmolke TLO handlebar, about - 79 grams,
- Syntace F99 stem with ti-bolts, about - 11 grams.

Some futher tuning - prober length for disc-cables, steerertube of the fork etc.

EDIT: please inform me if you are aware of a lighter hardtail with disc-brakes out there. Have been looking a various homepages but can't find something lighter!
Attachments
IMGP1692hp.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DIRT BOY

by DIRT BOY

Nice job MADS!

I am hoping to get mine down to about 18lbs with new wheels and NT Rotors. Also maybe a new seatpost, but that's it.
I like my FOX and until I can try a Spinner, it's not leaving. the FOX is too stiff and light enough.

Just with new wheels and rotors, I should lose 1.2lbs (544g) from the 19.42lbs (8.81kg) weight. As it stands, it pretty light considering it was UST wheels and a heavier seat and post than most would like. BUT this bike is super realiable.

Get the bike on light-bikes.com please!
DIRT BOY

scapin

by scapin

Mads Kock wrote:Maybe the worlds lightest hardtail with disc-brakes? No claimed weights and a picture to prove the actual weight = 7,95 kg (calculated weight is 7.947 grams).

Mine (with V-brakes) is lighter! :twinkle:

scapin

by scapin

... and better... :lol:

Lukas Koukal

by Lukas Koukal

@Mads: Hell, You´ve beaten me by 110g :evil: I have a shock under my butt, but I use V-Brakes then... Must say Your choice of components is simply outstanding, I love the stealth look of the bike..

@DIRT BOY: I can´t upload my bike to light-bikes.com. It always returns an error window, so I´ve sent You an e-mail of specs+pictures, hope You can solve it. Thanks in advance, L.
I used to care, now I take a pill for that.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

DIRT BOY wrote:Nice job MADS!

Thanks Dirt boy - I'm pretty happy but not satisfied yet because of the needed parts! I hate waiting :-)

I will submit it soon on your page! Sounds good with the new improvements on light-bikes - maybe you should have people send a picture of the actual weight before approvel? Lots of bikes has different parts on the picture than listed and it always seems to be lighter in the list than in the picture :lol:

Regarding the spinner fork - try it! Feels very good compared to the fox! I don't feel any difference in stiffness!
Last edited by Mads Kock on Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

scapin wrote:... and better... :lol:

ofcourse your bike is lighter - get lighter every time you descend by loose materiale on the rims :lol:

Hope you don't descent too fast so you can't stop your bike with those v-brakes hehe!!!

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Lukas Koukal wrote:@Mads: Hell, You´ve beaten me by 110g :evil:

Hmm I'm not happy with my bike being only 110 grams lighter than yours since you have a fully :-) Your bike really rocks but get rid of that clubjersey on the picture you send me hehe!!!

Lukas Koukal

by Lukas Koukal

Mads Kock wrote:but get rid of that clubjersey on the picture you send me hehe!!!

Hey, that was a gift! :P
I used to care, now I take a pill for that.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

from someone who doesn't likes you? :lol:

I'm just joking hehe!

DIRT BOY

by DIRT BOY

Lukas Koukal wrote:@Mads: Hell, You´ve beaten me by 110g :evil: I have a shock under my butt, but I use V-Brakes then... Must say Your choice of components is simply outstanding, I love the stealth look of the bike..

@DIRT BOY: I can´t upload my bike to light-bikes.com. It always returns an error window, so I´ve sent You an e-mail of specs+pictures, hope You can solve it. Thanks in advance, L.

I will enter in when I get back from Holidays (vacation.)
DIRT BOY

DIRT BOY

by DIRT BOY

Mads Kock wrote:
DIRT BOY wrote:Nice job MADS!

Thanks Dirt boy - I'm pretty happy but not satisfied yet because of the needed parts! I hate waiting :-)

I will submit it soon on your page! Sounds good with the new improvements on light-bikes - maybe you should have people send a picture of the actual weight before approvel? Lots of bikes has different parts on the picture than listed and it always seems to be lighter in the list than in the picture :lol:

Regarding the spinner fork - try it! Feels very good compared to the fox! I don't feel any difference in stiffness!
Yes, I am hoping to hire someone to check them monthly. Sometimes I am a month behind in updating pictures as well.

I am hoping to to try to prevent this. Again, if you cheat, good buy!
DIRT BOY

kdanny1

by kdanny1

nice bike!! black is so wonderfull...i like it!

why you will chance the amclassic?
what is the weight of the fork..?
and of the frame..?

greetings...

kdanny1
light and lighter...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Hello,

I will change the wheelset because I want something lighter - I'm having a wheelset build by Jürgen from www.xx-light-bikes.de with:

Tune King front hub and Kong Superscharft rear hub,
Custom Pillar Ti spokes,
Mach1 disc onlu rims.

Excepted weight is 1300 grams so the weightsaving will be around 80 grams.

The weight of the fork is a bit disappointing - claimed weight was about 1200 grams and actually weight is 1277 grams with 205mm steerertube. I will loose some weight by cutting it to the correct length.

The prototype frame is 1263 grams - the final production frame will hopefully be around 1100-1250 grams depending weather the frame is anodized or painted!