Rebellins Bike on cyclingnews.com

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Johancoenen
Resident Pro

by Johancoenen

He look at this... :D .http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id= ... ews/jun08a

Prototype of Wielier.... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
no pain no gain

anubis

by anubis

It is really a shame for wilier. If I were the sponsor of a pro team, I cannot imagine that I would allow the whole team to ride a frame from an other manufacturer.

I think wilier has itself a carbon frame thats not so bad, isn't it? The Imperiale. Ok, it is not as lite as the scott is, but not so far away.

anyway, it's a shame - but I did mention yet... :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

martin

by martin

For those who are still not convinced, some detail pics in this thread at "Tourforum"
http://www.dk-forenserver.de/tour/showt ... ge=1&pp=15
Snowman and Strong Walker
Scott Sc
my old stuff
my new stuff

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

well, I like the DuraAce wheels. Yeah, that's what he was on in the Ardennes Classics, not Ambrosio tubulars..sure.

Joel

by Joel

Ambrosio Crono rims are light 340g, not bad

Bruiser

by Bruiser

anubis wrote:I think wilier has itself a carbon frame thats not so bad, isn't it? The Imperiale. Ok, it is not as lite as the scott is, but not so far away.

Maybe weight isn't the issue. CR1's are supposed to be extremely stiff.

Brian

simonali

by simonali

Are there any teams riding the real thing this year (i.e. a Scott with the name Scott on it)?

Anyone recognise the forks. I think they suit the frame nicely and the straight blades look good. 8)

Bruiser

by Bruiser

Saunier Duval-Prodir are sponsored by Scott

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

On todays Cyclingnews.com component news there is a blast from Scott about Wilier giving team riders the (repainted) Scott to use as a test vehicle for their own frames, to be made by the same Taiwanese builder.
Ride lightly!

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Word is the superlight and stiff Simplon Pride is also manufractured in the same facility.

http://www.simplon.com

Bruiser

by Bruiser

Ye Olde Balde One,

I found the articles about Millar and French (so close to TDF)
But had no luck on the Scott/Willier issue. Can you post it here or provide us with a link?

Cheers

Brian

cadence90

by cadence90

Bruiser wrote:Ye Olde Balde One,

I found the articles about Millar and French (so close to TDF)
But had no luck on the Scott/Willier issue. Can you post it here or provide us with a link?

Cheers

Brian

FROM: http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2004/news/jun25
TO: Bruiser :)

Scott weighs in on Rebellin's bike
A couple of weeks ago we ran a little item on the bike Davide Rebellin rode in his amazing string of Classics victories this year, quoting a claim by Gerolsteiner's bike sponsor Wilier that it was a prototype. Quite a few readers wrote in to point out that the bike bore more than a passing resemblance to a Scott CR-1, and it seems that Scott has noticed this too.

Scott's European office recently put out a statement about Rebellin's bike, saying, "We at Scott became aware of Davide Rebellin and other team members' use of a Scott CR1 frame early in the season when we first saw the design in early season races. We were flattered that the riders so valued the properties of our product that they would be willing to race it competitively. At that time we decided internally that we would not publicize the use of the Scott CR1 frame in respect for Wilier's situation."

However, Wilier has earned Scott's ire with claims such as the presentation to Cyclingnews of Rebellin's bike as a Wilier proto, and a press release issued in March that said, "Rebellin has won the Amstel Gold Race using a "Team" full carbon frame that won't appear in the trade until next September and that will be presented in the upcoming trade fairs. With its 920 grams weight, the frame is the lightest in the professional scene today."

In its statement, Scott hit back: "Rebellin indeed uses the lightest frame in the pro peloton. The Scott CR1 size 56cm weighs 895g and is available today around the world via Scott and its distributors."

While there's been no official comment out of Wilier yet, Cyclingnews understands that Wilier is working on 2005 models with the same Taiwanese manufacturer that makes the CR1 for Scott. Any development project has to start somewhere and the jumping off point in this case is the CR1, as the bike already coming out of this builder.

Of course, the new C50 looks pretty nice too....
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

divve

by divve

Made by Fastrax?