New WEENIE from Los Angeles

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Hyde

by Hyde

Hello,

My name is Hyde, obviously, & I'm really getting back into cycling. After sort of blindly purchasing a Trek Pilot 5.0 last October I have been getting progressively more into it as time passes. I live in Highland Park which is between Pasadena & Glendale. There are some great little hills here & plenty of riding routes including the RoseBowl & surrounding landscape.

I have upgraded a few items on the bike including Zipp 404's, Specialized Toupe' Saddle,Dura Ace front deraileur, EC90 carbon Bars & SLX Fork. I really like the bike though now that I am really gaining a lot of knowledge I don't think I would purchase the same way again :roll:

Hyde

by Hyde

Here's my Ride

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timo

by Timo

Nice bike Hyde! Are you planning some next upgrades already?
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Hyde

by Hyde

I'm thinking brakes, cranks & pedals right now. I'm thiking that should get me close to where I want to be.

DC41

by DC41

Hyde wrote:I really like the bike though now that I am really gaining a lot of knowledge I don't think I would purchase the same way again :roll:

Don't worry. That's how I began... upgrading my old bike until I finally figured out what frame I really wanted. When I got it, I just moved all the upgraded items to the new frame. Keep the boxes and receipts for everything you buy. If you decide to upgrade again, you can often get 50% or more of your investment back by selling on eBay.
Self-Proclaimed Resident Master Fattie - Vicious DC Slither

Balenaar

by Balenaar

Welcome here and nice bike ! But I think it's better with black tyres or 2 off the same tyres. (why are you using 2 different tyres ?)

Greetz Ben,
Time VXRS Ulteam

Hyde

by Hyde

They are both Michelin Pro Race tires. one is the iron man variety which I could find no difference in spec :?: The store didn't have black or two of the same red & those were the only choices i was interested in so that is why you see what you see. Next time I'll get it right.... I hope :lol: THe wheels actually came with some very nice tires but they were yellow & blue :P Those will be in the closet for an emergency :wink:

M_b•

by M_b•

hi hyde...

nice to see another from the "barrio" (my loft is on fig. and ave58) who's bike is worth more than 85% of the cars on the street.
(... well, i guess i don't really know how much it costs to add a spoiler and trim-kit to a mid-80's honda civic or spinners to a toyota pick-up so perhaps i should really wait for the b-sample to be tested before i make statements like that!)
shit, and now that i think about it, MY bike was worth more than my car until just recently :doh: - then again, perhaps that's a true sign of a real weenie (er, weightweenie, that is.)
pm me - perhaps we can hook up for a ride - a friend and i have been riding on mondays around the area (since we both have schedules that don't allow us to ride with the big groups in the area) - mt. wilson / Long Beach along the river / la tuna canyon / griffith park - all good rides with some having pretty good climbs from our neck of the woods.

otherwise, if you see some cat on a matte black argon (LOVE!!!!!!! the "canadian" carbon) give a shout.

i haven't yet posted to the introduction myself, but was planning on doing so in the next days or so - so should have a pick of the bike up then so you can tell it's another ww doing everything they can to dodge the piece of s#@! drivers in our neighborhood.

cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hyde

by Hyde

Let me know, We'll see if we can schedule something!