Madone SL?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Incomplete Pete

by Incomplete Pete

Any idea of what the weight of the new Trek will be?

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

By the way, does anybody know how I can get that 'Live Strong' yellow wristband here in Holland? The site doesn't ship outside USA afaik http://store.laf.org/catalog/index.php? ... ESTRONGWEB and I don't have a creditcard..
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TedB

by TedB

asphaltdude wrote:By the way, does anybody know how I can get that 'Live Strong' yellow wristband here in Holland?

No problem. Email me your address and I'll send you a pack of them. I don't mind, it's for a good cause.

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

probably between the 5900 and Madone - since this "Madone SL" is just a 5900 seattube/chainstay assembly with a madone toptube/headtube...

martin

by martin

Incomplete Pete wrote:Any idea of what the weight of the new Trek will be?

Possibly another re-badged Scott, i assume? :twisted: :twisted:
Snowman and Strong Walker
Scott Sc
my old stuff
my new stuff

Incomplete Pete

by Incomplete Pete

The original was made like that, but I reckon this ought to be lighter tubing, probably a 5900 replacement. It looks kinda like a Dogma, well the colour scheme does.

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

Possibly another re-badged Scott, i assume?

Too funny. I thought the guy bringing Scott to the USA was some big wig from cannondale?

By the way just ordered my Scott CR1 Team last night (coming from Aussie) $US1723 for the frame/fork/headset a lot less than what they will be here.

spytech

by spytech

TedB wrote:
asphaltdude wrote:By the way, does anybody know how I can get that 'Live Strong' yellow wristband here in Holland?

No problem. Email me your address and I'll send you a pack of them. I don't mind, it's for a good cause.

that was very nice man :wink:

nzkiwiguy wrote:
Possibly another re-badged Scott, i assume?

Too funny. I thought the guy bringing Scott to the USA was some big wig from cannondale?

By the way just ordered my Scott CR1 Team last night (coming from Aussie) $US1723 for the frame/fork/headset a lot less than what they will be here.

pm me nzkiwiguy i am looking into getting a scott cr1, i am also looking for a good price.

i also heard from my LBS that someone from cannondale was going to bring the scott's over. is this really true, how about warrenty?

gerry

by gerry

i heard that when lance got taken down by that handbag at last years tour, mayo fell on lance's chainstay. the frame crack and that is why his chain slipped shortly there after. he didn't use that bike for the rest of the tour.

i think they are trying to make these bikes lighter than is realistic. the madone was a stupid idea for a bike. trek advertised it as an "aero road bike". as an aero road bike it's the shits. i liked how they replaced the useless aero tubes with lighter round tube, at least that makes some sence.

gerry

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

gerry wrote:i heard that when lance got taken down by that handbag at last years tour, mayo fell on lance's chainstay. the frame crack and that is why his chain slipped shortly there after. he didn't use that bike for the rest of the tour.

i think they are trying to make these bikes lighter than is realistic. the madone was a stupid idea for a bike. trek advertised it as an "aero road bike". as an aero road bike it's the poo. i liked how they replaced the useless aero tubes with lighter round tube, at least that makes some sence.

gerry

ill like to see a lugged steel bike take a fall like that on the chainstay and remain functional...

bobalou

by bobalou

spytech wrote:
i also heard from my LBS that someone from cannondale was going to bring the scott's over. is this really true, how about warrenty?

Scott is bringing Scott to the US. They're building a new factory in Idaho. It is ironic that you can still find the CR1 cheaper overseas .. the prices are inflated for the new release here.

http://www.scottusa.com/news_us_040410.php

bobalou

by bobalou

ShinyBaldy wrote:
ill like to see a lugged steel bike take a fall like that on the chainstay and remain functional...

Steel and Ti are much more resilient then carbon or Alunimum .. and heavier of course. They're going to do better under any crash. The teams can afford to crash the carbon bikes though. :?

TedB

by TedB

Ok, I have made my donation and received the "Live Strong" wrist bands. Each of you who asked me for them will get five of them. I sent them to you all today via Air Post.

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Hey TedB that's really cool! Thank you very much!
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

King Weel

by King Weel

TedB, thanks very much great deal! :D
Will support Dutch Cancer Foundation as well, and wear it saturday, when I watch the prologue in Liege!
Specialized S-Works Allez (the shiny one :) )
Turner Czar custom
Working on a new S-Works Tarmac custom!