Best Fork for 80 kg Rider on Scott C1 ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Moonbiker

by Moonbiker

Who can help me with this ??????

What is the Best Fork for 80 kg Rider on Scott C1 ?

Easton ec 90
Easton ec 90 slx
Scott Team Issue
LOOK HSC 4 SL
LOOK HSC 4 Carbon
Time Millenium
Ritchey WCS Carbon
Kuota

danielgillett

by danielgillett

Mizuno (Pesenti) Fiandre - As used by many European Pro's.
I do not know if it is good for an 80kg rider - It weights around 300grams.

Otherwise, for you; I think it's best you choose a heavy(er) fork.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

J xl

by J xl

so far I've tried the Easton EC 90 slx (290 gramms), Stork aramide normal (370 gramms), Time Millenium Stiff (360 gramms), the Scott CR1 (mine weights 360 gramms) and will soon try the Look HS5 (300 gramms).
Undoubtedly the best ride gives the Scott fork (gives the bike a well balanced feel).
Didn't like the Time (too harsh, bad finishing quality)
The Storck didn't fit and makes the Scott feel like a customized harley.
The Easton was really fine, is slightly less stiff than the Scott fork but 80 kg should be the absolute max since this is a really fragile fork.
At the moment I would go for the Scott fork but the Easton would be a good alternative for lighter riders (the Scott light fork is crap and should only be used by riders up to 65/70 kg).

Moonbiker

by Moonbiker

J xl, thanks

good infomations for me

the ec 90 is much stiffer than the slx (tour test) and only has 350g

the Scott CR1 (mine weights 360 gramms) is this the real weight?
in listings it weight's 438g tour test also 460g or so !
how short is it ?

J xl

by J xl

The CR1 isn't cut to its definite size and is 3 cm shorter than normal.
The is a large weight differce in the forks of Scott (I picked the lightest one there where some others weighting + 40 gramms). But Tour could have tested the CR1 Pro fork (I'm not sure).
Think the CR1 is a good and save fork for general (not the lightest) use and I would only pick a much lighter version as an alternative (think the colours of the easton don't match the frame).
My advice is to save the weight on something less crucial.

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

J xl wrote:The CR1 isn't cut to its definite size and is 3 cm shorter than normal.
The is a large weight differce in the forks of Scott (I picked the lightest one there where some others weighting + 40 gramms). But Tour could have tested the CR1 Pro fork (I'm not sure).
Think the CR1 is a good and save fork for general (not the lightest) use and I would only pick a much lighter version as an alternative (think the colours of the easton don't match the frame).
My advice is to save the weight on something less crucial.

My uncut CR1 fork weighs a staggering 470 grams.

J xl

by J xl

That's too much of a difference. As soon as I build in the look HS5, I'll have the CR1 weighted again (last time I did it on a reliable professional weight unit, ( the bike did 6.15 kg with my lightweight wheels).
Problem may be that I own the original C1 of an earlier production date as your CR1 (september 2002) but 110 gramms just is too much.

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

J xl wrote:That's too much of a difference. As soon as I build in the look HS5, I'll have the CR1 weighted again (last time I did it on a reliable professional weight unit, ( the bike did 6.15 kg with my lightweight wheels).
Problem may be that I own the original C1 of an earlier production date as your CR1 (september 2002) but 110 gramms just is too much.

Still my XXL will weigh 7150 grams with "heavy" training wheels (DT 1.1, campy record hubs and 32 Sapim laser spokes and regular GP3000). I´m building it tuesday and have weighed the uncut parts one by one.
So reaching 6,8 with lightweights and tubs is easily achieved.

J xl

by J xl

See the earlier pics of a German Scott XXL. The thing looked really bad but it's weight was 5.8!!
My bike has just been rebuilt since the 6.1 configuration wasn't that useable. It will be in the region of 6.9 and I'll use it for the Marmotte.

See the earlier posted pic. With some alterations you can make a good looking bike.
Attachments
scott1.jpg

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

I use the aero fork on my C1 and i am very happy with it, cause it gives me a feel of absolute safety. The fork makes the bike very agile its like steering a formular 1 racecar. I had some hard and fast descending in the swiss alps to do and even with high speed and hard braking the bike felt like a train on a railway.

There are some things on a bike where yu shouldnt save some poopy grams. I dont want to die for some shitty 50 grams less weight....i dont mean forks in generell but stems bars and breaks....look the pic...and imagine your breaks fail. :shock:
Attachments
Flüela7.jpg

Joel

by Joel

You won't have to tell the story :?

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

ahh...forgot to mention i did some hard climbing too..hehe

Velocity

by Velocity

My CR1 fork also weight 443 gram. :x
Attachments
Resize of PICT0326.JPG
Buy it, If you like it.
Your money.
Your decission.

PK

by PK

I weight 76kg at 6'2" and ride a medium CR1 with the Scott CR1 Superlight forks. These weigh in at about 280g, if my memory serves me right. I built this bike up for doing Ironman Triathlons as light as possible without sacraficing comfort.... lovely bike, very light 12.5 ibs, and very comfortable.

The Superlight forks look really good but dont have that seamless appearance that the aeros do going into a 'fat' frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sharkman

by sharkman

Think the best forks for a Scott CR1

are the Easton EC90 slx
Look HS4 or 5
or the new ultralight carbon fork from the producers of the
Storck Stilletto.
Fork is 260 gramm in the light and 320 gr. in the regular version and they offer some spectacular cranksets too.