Dauphine Libere - Ventoux Equipment

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

danielgillett

by danielgillett

Even though there is already discussion about Lance & Tyler's bikes, I was checking out the pictures at www.grahamwatson.com, and I noticed something...

Can anyone Identify this crankset - Could it be a prototype of a Time Carbon Crankset?
It does seem like the perfect component for Time to produce :)

There's one of those darker shades of Dura Ace 7800 Cranks 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

the carbon crank on the look frame, looks like a Fsa k-force with different chainrings. their is no darker 7800 cranks, its just the angle of the light that makes it look darker.

Millen

by Millen

This is FSA K-Force MegaEXO crankset. It has outboard bearing integrated BB design which FSA calls it MegaEXO.
Not a real Weight Weenie but I like my bike lighter!

willf03

by willf03

Pretty sure it's just a k-force, you can see the b/b bolt if you look close.

danielgillett

by danielgillett

spytech wrote:.... there is no darker 7800 cranks, its just the angle of the light that makes it look darker...

Wasn't there this exact discussion earlier? And the conclusion made was that Dura-Ace produced a few of some other colours :?

If you review all the pictures of Iban Mayo - It is not possible that the light makes every picture of that crank darker.

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Oh come on.... look at the front rim. Does Mavic make Ksyriums in a darker colour too? No, it's just the light!
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

spytech

by spytech

danielgillett wrote:
spytech wrote:.... there is no darker 7800 cranks, its just the angle of the light that makes it look darker...

Wasn't there this exact discussion earlier? And the conclusion made was that Dura-Ace produced a few of some other colours :?

If you review all the pictures of Iban Mayo - It is not possible that the light makes every picture of that crank darker.

i did not know that YOU came to this conclusion, as i did not read it; but shimano is a pretty standardize company. i have seen no proof of them making a darker color 7800 crankset, have you :?:

take a look at the center, its hollow, it also looks like that in the picture i blew up
Attachments
maybe it is a megaexo, looks like it.
maybe it is a megaexo, looks like it.

danielgillett

by danielgillett

Sloping Geometry, Columbus Airplane Tubing. No bolts on seat tube bottle holder bosses.

Less than 1cm clearance between the tire and seat tube! (Note, this is not the exact bike Iban raced - Different chainrings)

Drilled out Derailleur cage. Non Dura-Ace 10spd cassette(Possibly Tiso).

Drilled out Levers! ITM Unika Carbon Handlebar & ITM Magnesium The Stem

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Whoa...... so Iban is a hole-drilling weight weenie Image

Then why on earth is het using those heavy Ksyriums, instead of Cosmic Carbone - labeled Lightweights or so Image

cadence90

by cadence90

danielgillett wrote:Wasn't there this exact discussion earlier? And the conclusion made was that Dura-Ace produced a few of some other colours :?

Funny how those look like the lighter colored 7800 cranks....how many "colors" does this crankset come in, anyway? :P
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

divve

by divve

Nice marketing 8)

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Maybe you can drill tiny holes in the aluminium Ksyrium spokes :lol:

divve

by divve

....note the spoke magnet but not speedo :?

Superlite

by Superlite

danielgillett wrote:
Wasn't there this exact discussion earlier? And the conclusion made was that Dura-Ace produced a few of some other colours

Funny how those look like the lighter colored 7800 cranks....how many "colors" does this crankset come in, anyway?

Tell me about it!

How many more times will people post this junk? Come on! There is one color, the different looks is from different angles of light reflecting and shadows.

bobalou

by bobalou

The Seattube looks like it curves around the wheel.. reminds me of some old track bike seat tube design! It has to be a very "quick" handling bike. Question: does Orbea sell this frame to the general public?
Attachments
mayo_ventoux16.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com