giant tcr advanced composite t- mobile tour de france 850 gr

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

I wasn't guessing while you were, I was relying on 'facts' which seem now obsolete.

Giant changed their .plan completely. The T-Mobile deal seems much more extensive than even the german importer thought.

Excuse me? Guessing? My shop has even had the TCR advance in in a month ago! And people from my shop have been overseas and seen this stuff! I know people in the industry, and I am becoming a part of it! I knew what I was talking about then and I do know.

Don't give this BS about no body knowing whats going on. This was all in motion months ago. There is NO WAY that giant completly changed there plans at a moments notice to make a custom frame for Ullrich, no way.

They wouldn't have time to do it, and Ullrich wouldn't just hop on a bike so close to the tour with out testing it. All of those factors take alot of time.

Nobody changed their plans, you just changed your story. And you still won't accept that I was right and you were not. Grow up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Superlite wrote:Grow up.

In almost any thread you insult people, argue with people, praise yourself as Mr. Industry himself. And you tell me to grow up? I'm out of this, your sense of reality is too strange for me - plain and simple.

Superlite

by Superlite

I didn't know I was supposed to apoligize for knowing alot of people in the industry. Excuse me for bringing news of the latest in cycling equipment to the community. I should be sorry for that.

And the only time I ever insult a person, is when they have insulted me. And you have insulted me by not taking my word and making up all of your rubbish about no custom carbon frames for anyone. You were the one who was guessing about the new giant's, not me.

Mile Ditch

by Mile Ditch

Superlite wrote:
And now your saying he might be getting a custom frame?

you're

Superlite

by Superlite

Superlite wrote:

And now your saying he might be getting a custom frame?

you're

Opps, guess my grammer isn't what it use to be. Thanks for pointing that out.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Superlite wrote:And you have insulted me by not taking my word ...

OMG, please tell me you are kidding, this has gotta be a new and absolute low.

divve

by divve

It's grammar :D ....but anyway I remember you saying that they'll make a custom frame for Ullrich, which then later on becomes a standard production size for consumers. You went on to say that's what Trek basically did for Lance as well.

In the end consumers get a bike developed from the input of a leading cyclist. I guess you could call that custom but it's not in the traditional sense.

Normally when an experienced cyclist joins a team he gives them a set of measurements and they build him a suitable bike. That same rider more or less rides the same bike regardless of team and manufacturer. If it's something quite goofy such as what Petacchi has it will never become a production frame and will always remain custom and specific to an individual.

Superlite

by Superlite

It's grammar ....but anyway I remember you saying that they'll make a custom frame for Ullrich, which then later on becomes a standard production size for consumers. You went on to say that's what Trek basically did for Lance as well.

In the end consumers get a bike developed from the input of a leading cyclist. I guess you could call that custom but it's not in the traditional sense.

Ahhh, divve! You understand! Now why won't the others get what I'm saying. It's pretty strait foward.

And thanks for correcting my "grammar." Wow, I need to take more english classes! lol

Mile Ditch

by Mile Ditch

Superlite wrote:
Ahhh, divve! You understand! Now why won't the others get what I'm saying. It's pretty strait foward.

And thanks for correcting my "grammar." Wow, I need to take more english classes! lol

For the record, I think you're probably right on this one.

Oh, and it's straight. :lol:

Superlite

by Superlite

Oh, and it's straight.

Damn! I was about to type that! lol

Ahhh, I really need to get back to english class! Cripes! :lol:

Was there any more mistakes in that post? First one to find them gets a TCR Advance! lol

C-40

by C-40

[quote="Superlite"][quote]

Cripes!

no such word...........

Superlite

by Superlite

Sorry C-40, but it is a word.

C-40

by C-40

Superlite- I thought you were (are) a college student? So unless you have a dictionary that includes CRIPES I suggest you not tell me that it is a word. Because, according to Websters Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary it most certainly is NOT.

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I beleive the correct spelling is yikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BigFloppyLlama

by BigFloppyLlama

C-40 wrote:Superlite- I thought you were (are) a college student? So unless you have a dictionary that includes CRIPES I suggest you not tell me that it is a word. Because, according to Websters Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary it most certainly is NOT.

World Book Dictionary has it, m-w.com has it, dictionary.com has it.