giant tcr advanced composite t- mobile tour de france 850 gr

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

I'm pretty sure his seat is 200g + , not HEAVY, but definatly not a lightweight saddle.

He's been riding the same seat for years! He also has that new seat, from last year, around 160g, but I have never seen him use it in the TDF.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Incomplete Pete

by Incomplete Pete

I'm sure the titanium railed Concor Light weighs aound the 170gram mark?

Superlite

by Superlite

That sounds right, but every time I see Armstrong race he is always using his old beat up blue san marco. When has he used the new saddle?

Incomplete Pete

by Incomplete Pete

But isn't that the same one, just a bit used?

Maybe he didn't like the new design?

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Last year before the stage where Beloki crashed there was an interview with Jörg Jaksche (at that time Beloki's teammate at Once now at CSC) on german TV. He said he got a new seat that day because the old one was worn out - the 'old' one was from the beginning of the TdF 2003. So effectively in only 2 weeks he needed a new one. He said the Tour was very tough on material.

Wonder if Armstrong is less picky about his saddle.

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

those Concors with ti rails are still over 230 gm.

Incomplete Pete

by Incomplete Pete

They aint that much, nearly identicle weight to a 135 SLR, hard to notice a difference.

willf03

by willf03

They aint that much, nearly identicle weight to a 135 SLR, hard to notice a difference.

I have always considered 100g to be quite a bit... :?

Oswald

by Oswald

willf03 wrote:

I have always considered 100g to be quite a bit... :?

Yeah, there is no way they can have the same weight as the SLR, just look at them... they are huge compared to the SLR...

spytech

by spytech

ok, back to the giant guys. are the pictures we are seeing here with the integrated seatpost THE FINAL design for the giant tcr advance frame :?:

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

spytech wrote:ok, back to the giant guys. are the pictures we are seeing here with the integrated seatpost THE FINAL design for the giant tcr advance frame :?:

I think the frenchies are confusing a special edition for the TdF with the new Advanced. Why have there been several prototypes all over the world without those 'organic' joints and now they're coming up with something totally different (looking like the 'classic' TCR Composite) for production?

Maybe Ullrich is really getting a custom Composite frame for marketing reasons?

Superlite

by Superlite

Sorry, but thats plain bs. There is no such thing as a custom Composite frame. And there is no such thing as a custom TCR Advanced frame. It's all prototype, pre-production or production material. There is nothing being made for Ullrich or any other rider.

Ullrich may be the first to show up with his new puppy but nevertheless it's all 'run-of-the-mill' regular stuff.

Sound firmiliar Dr. Dos? It should.

This is one of the posts you made when I was saying Ullrich was getting a custom frame.

Heres the link to better refresh your memory.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... om+ullrich

And now your saying he might be getting a custom frame? After all your preaching that NO RIDER gets a custom carbon frame?

OK! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And to answer the original question, the frame shown will not be offered to the public. Standard frame and seatpost in production models.
Last edited by Superlite on Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Yeah, if you read closely: I ask hypothetical questions. It seems Giant is 100% sure Ullrich will win the Tour, else they wouldn't mess with custom stuff. Seeing Ullrich on an aluminum frame and not the top-of-the-line stuff seems impossible for the Taiwan crew.

I had longer conversations with the german importer (they are less than 25 miles away). They are as confused as we all are, my contact said they are going crazy in Taiwan about the possible win at the TdF atm. This time 'full gold' or 'full black' just doesnt't seem to be enough. :P

P.S. The german importer i.e. had the final NRS Composite frame before any other retailer - the german market is pretty strong.

Superlite

by Superlite

Yeah, if you read closely: I ask hypothetical questions. It seems Giant is 100% sure Ullrich will win the Tour, else they wouldn't mess with custom stuff. Seeing Ullrich on an aluminum frame and not the top-of-the-line stuff seems impossible for the Taiwan crew.

I had longer conversations with the german importer (they are less than 25 miles away). They are as confused as we all are, my contact said they are going crazy in Taiwan about the possible win at the TdF atm. This time 'full gold' or 'full black' just doesnt't seem to be enough.

If you read you own post, you see that you completly changed what you had previously said.

I knew what I was talking about 2 months ago, confused as we all are? Maybe your confused. Making a custom carbon frame takes more then 2 months of prep, they knew, as did I months ago Ullrich was getting a custom frame. It's not like last week they were saying, what the hell, lets make Ullrich a custom frame! You know the tour is less then 3 weeks away? This was planned months ago as Ullrich was needed for fitment, testing and final product to ridden in the tour.

Before you wouldn't take my word, it wasn't good enough for you. You had to trash everything I had said because you obviously knew what you were talking about while I didn't know a damned thing.

Well now look.

I hate people who argue only for the sake of arguing and because they are too stuborn to believe another persons words.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

I wasn't guessing while you were, I was relying on 'facts' which seem now obsolete.

Giant changed their .plan completely. The T-Mobile deal seems much more extensive than even the german importer thought.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com