giant tcr advanced composite t- mobile tour de france 850 gr

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

willf03

by willf03

umm...WOW! Wonder if the integrated seatpost will see production?

zoey

by zoey

Looks like Giant is trying to top the Scot CR1.
Cheers,
:lol:

"Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Click Here to see my Scott CR1.

spytech

by spytech

so the end result is more like the old frame but lighter and stiffer. nice i like :P

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

spytech wrote:so the end result is more like the old frame but lighter and stiffer. nice i like :P

Yeah it will definitly outsell the CR1 with Ullie on it.

Bruiser

by Bruiser

CR1s are sold out in Aust, more because of a limited supply than huge demand.

By the price tag and the supply of CR1s I think Scott are trying build their image rather than build the most popular road bike.

Brian

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Bruiser wrote:CR1s are sold out in Aust, more because of a limited supply than huge demand.

By the price tag and the supply of CR1s I think Scott are trying build their image rather than build the most popular road bike.

Brian

Nah I just think they got surprised by the good press the frame got and had scaled production to what number they usually sold of their top frame. So now they are prepared for next years boom and US reintroduction

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I can buy 3 TCR2's at my LBS for the price of 1 Team Issue. The CR1 is $500 cheaper than the Trek 5900 in Aust. The Cinelli Aliante is $2,500 cheaper.

Giant produce mass production bikes, Scott are trying to be rare and very expensive. Is the CR1 obscenely expensive in the US?

Brian

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Bruiser wrote:I can buy 3 TCR2's at my LBS for the price of 1 Team Issue. The CR1 is $500 cheaper than the Trek 5900 in Aust. The Cinelli Aliante is $2,500 cheaper.

Giant produce mass production bikes, Scott are trying to be rare and very expensive. Is the CR1 obscenely expensive in the US?

Brian

here in Europe the CR1 framekit costs about 800 Australian dollars more than the TCR composite. Taking into account the smaller production and smaller company I don´t consider the higher price surprising after all Giant is the world largest bike producer.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Jan was happy riding his Giant today I think!

Bet Lance is even more worried now!
Ride lightly!

Paul_nl

by Paul_nl

Ye Olde Balde One wrote:Jan was happy riding his Giant today I think!

Bet Lance is even more worried now!

Both will ride a 6800gram bike in the tour. So the weight of the frame is of no impartance in the tour this year.

Superlite

by Superlite

Both will ride a 6800gram bike in the tour. So the weight of the frame is of no impartance in the tour this year.

Very good point.

Seems most people forget that pretty much everyone in the mountain stages rides a bike of equal weight. But the wheels don't all weigh the same, thats where the difference is, that and a little thing called training. :lol:

spytech

by spytech

Superlite wrote:

Very good point.

Seems most people forget that pretty much everyone in the mountain stages rides a bike of equal weight. But the wheels don't all weigh the same, thats where the difference is, that and a little thing called training. :lol:

i wonder what do they do in the mountain stages, what type of config. i bet its pretty easy to be under 15lbs with lightweight wheels and their current config. do they add weight to other parts of their bikes?

Superlite

by Superlite

Well just look at the bikes.

Armstrong, and a bunch of Saeco riders us heavy metal seatposts to add weight, or heavy bars, seat, weight in all the places where it won't slow you down, and where extra weight can be used to increase performance. Armstrongs seat is a brick! But it's comfy, and that matters more then weight.

Another spot I have noticed is the QR's. Might as well use heavy ones, its the lowest part of the bike, so less side to side inertia, and it's non rotational, so best place to stack up weight in my opinion.

Incomplete Pete

by Incomplete Pete

Superlite wrote: Armstrongs seat is a brick! But it's comfy, and that matters more then weight.

It's not that heavy, only a bit heavier than my 135gr SLR. Using hands as scales, the difference is minimal but the comfort factor is great!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com