My new bike... Cyfac GOTHICA :)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Cysak

by Cysak

iubike wrote:I have actually asked Eric (from VeloEuropa.com) to contribute to the post, so hopefully he can. If you guys have any questions for him I am sure he will be more than willing to help out.

K

Hi everyone,
Kyle did suggest that I post a response/some comments even though I had questioned how it would be received given that I have such a vested interest in how you all view Cyfac. I know that objectivity is key to sites like this and want to maintain that level of integrity with any involvement.

If anyone has any questions regarding Cyfac, the build process, materials, etc, I'd be glad to answer them. Kyle certainly wanted to build up the lightest bike possible and he's succeeded in putting together something special. Still, I had mentioned to him that our goal isn't the lightest frameset as the negative impact on durability and performance is something that we don't like. For us, the quality of the build, the performance of the ride, and the satisfaction of the cyclist is paramount.

Enough from me -- If anyone has any questions, I'll be very pleased to chime in.

Thanks for all of the great comments. Happy riding!
Eric Sakalowsky
Velo Europa Imports

iubike

by iubike

First ride was amazing, really a totally different feel than the Scott. I am so so happy with the frame! Will write more latter, in a rush! :)

K

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pk0r

by pk0r

I am really very happy for you Kyle :thumbup:
You truly put something special together there!

Also welcome to the forums Eric :waving:
| works for an European bike manufacturer |
| "I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey." |

iubike

by iubike

Keep trying to find time to take photos :)

K

Kahuna

by Kahuna

I guess the popular opinion here is that Cervelo still needs to improve their dealer network in Europe. Oh well.

The more I look at this bike the more I like it. Is the frame all carbon? The aluminum Cyfac frames I've seen in the past were about the nicest alloy frames I've ever seen. Besides the gorgeous finish, the joints had the appearance of seamless filet brazed steel. They were immaculate.

I can see why you're so jazzed with this bike. I'd be too. The setup looks very well balanced. Congrats!

flying

by flying

Kahuna wrote:I guess the popular opinion here is that Cervelo still needs to improve their dealer network in Europe. Oh well.

For me personally Cervelo needs a track record. Dealers are no problem
Reliability has to be proven.

As I said on the FB forum Kyle Beautiful Bike !!
Congrats again

bike_add1ct

by bike_add1ct

Amazing bike iubike, truly one of the most special gems on this forum. And I guess the weight is still pretty decent indeed :)

Only thing is... I personally don't really like the way the Pulsions look on this bike, perhaps a Clavicula or ZIPP would look better.

Ride on 8)

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

Iubike, looks awesome!

Eric S. welcome to WW.
Just curious, can we get a ballpark figure to the cost of the frame? Thanks.
Never mind, I found it...$4800 :shock: custom..$5600 :shock:

CAAD7R3000

by CAAD7R3000

I can see how a lot of people would get frustrated by not being able to deal direct with Cervelo but we are in the same boat of not dealing direct with the end user and for us (or Cervelo or any other rapidly expanding company) this works out better in the long run.

Companies like us (manufacturers) use distributors because it is simply impossible for us to have our own reps all over the country that will generate the same amount of sales as using a lot of different distributors to go out and sell the product for us.

I think it's different for a lot of smaller companies that will deal direct because they are dealing at a boutique end of the market and often direct contact is the best way to do things because a lot of this stuff is custom made.

What everyone needs to remember is that if you buy directly from a manufacturer then that is going to piss the distributor off because they are missing out on making any money because they are taken out of the equation. This leaves no incentive for the distributor to sell more of the companies product because they take the distributors sales away and the distributor makes no money.

So in the long run it is in the manufacturers best interests to not deal direct and keep the distributor/supplier relationship on a good level.

That and you should be supporting your local LBS as well.

Cheers

FreaK

by FreaK

iubike wrote:Cervelo:

First off, one of my pet peeves with any company is when they do not offer a direct method of contact, no phone, no email, no address, nothing. This makes me fee like they think they are too good to be contacted......

Cough, Mavic, cough :lol:
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

crewman

by crewman

I also own Two older cyfac model frames. Not worth posting on WW but very nice frames.

I saw that you are using the ergomo power meter. Do you have the ISIS model unit?.

A friend of mine has the square taper version and had several problems with original unit. He had to get a new computer unit for his.
"It's all about the Tempo"

col hicks

by col hicks

:D come on iubike where are the photos :?:

iubike

by iubike

I AM the LBS :lol:

K

CAAD7R3000 wrote:I can see how a lot of people would get frustrated by not being able to deal direct with Cervelo but we are in the same boat of not dealing direct with the end user and for us (or Cervelo or any other rapidly expanding company) this works out better in the long run.

Companies like us (manufacturers) use distributors because it is simply impossible for us to have our own reps all over the country that will generate the same amount of sales as using a lot of different distributors to go out and sell the product for us.

I think it's different for a lot of smaller companies that will deal direct because they are dealing at a boutique end of the market and often direct contact is the best way to do things because a lot of this stuff is custom made.

What everyone needs to remember is that if you buy directly from a manufacturer then that is going to piss the distributor off because they are missing out on making any money because they are taken out of the equation. This leaves no incentive for the distributor to sell more of the companies product because they take the distributors sales away and the distributor makes no money.

So in the long run it is in the manufacturers best interests to not deal direct and keep the distributor/supplier relationship on a good level.

That and you should be supporting your local LBS as well.

Cheers

lancejohnson

by lancejohnson

enough about this nonsense of where to buy or not buy your bike and parts... lets see some good pix and get on with the adulation for a fantastic new bike...

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

ctkrohn

by ctkrohn

Gorgeous bike. After looking at Cyfac's website, I'm pretty impressed by the Elan, their full aluminum frame. I haven't yet purchased the BMC I was talking about a few weeks back... I might end up getting the Elan instead.

Any reason to get the Victoire? The carbon stays add weight, and I've never noticed a difference in ride quality in bikes that have them vs. bikes that don't. The Nerv looks gorgeous, but is a little pricey.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com