My new bike... Cyfac GOTHICA :)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

Kahuna wrote:Visit www.cervelo.com. The main navigation bar, on the right side of the page, there's a "Contact Us" link. The page has telephone numbers, contact forms, an email address, what else do you want, a back rub? :D

Where exactly?
Just like "iubike", I can find a contact form, but the only e-mail address shown is for the webmaster and distibutors. There's no Company address either. But there's phone number for distibutors in different countries.
The phonenumber for "Elsewhere" is +1-416-425-9517, I guess this is a phone number for Cervévo directly.
Last edited by 2 wheels on Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Alpinist

by Alpinist

Man, that is one sexy bike. I am getting my Nerv Carbon built up this weekend but it will weigh quite a bit more than yours.
Post more pic's!

Congrat's on the beautiful bike!

Alpinist

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Really beautiful and stylish :thumbup:

spoke n words

by spoke n words

Love the bike! Great color scheme but I am sure a few IU fans will give you some grief for it not being red and white. :wink:

As far as Cervelo goes, I couldnt agree more. I had the same issues with them a few months ago. I thought it was a little sad really but not all companies can be like the guys at Parlee and Cyfac!

Congrats on the bike. Now, go ride "the 90" and let us know what you think. :D

pk0r

by pk0r

Really very cool Kyle!! Image
Not that your Scott would have been shabby either, but I am sure you are going to love this one. People will be turning their heads :wink:
I have only read good about Cyfacs, so I am sure it will guarantee for many happy miles. And being satisfied is much more important than 1 or 2gms on a scale!!!
| works for an European bike manufacturer |
| "I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey." |

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

wauw - that's a fantastic bike!!! is the color of the frame shinny or is it just the blitz from the camara? looks amazing!

Congratulation!!!!

iubike

by iubike

Hey guys thanks!

I just really can not wait to ride (raining hard right now :evil: ). The bike has a much "better" feel to it. Like it was said, the Scott was great but the Gothica feels better in the hands and on the road. Even my girlfriend commented on how much nicer it felt to her. Any suggestions for it? Maybe new wheel decals or something along those line? BTW, I found this ITM white carbon bar tape. Same stuff as the Deda silver carbon in that it is not porous and resists getting dirty :o .

K

lancejohnson

by lancejohnson

great job. i have been a fan of cyfac bikes for a while. they really take their customization seriously and are very meticulous with their fit process. like you, i prefer something this beautiful and custom to the couple hundred grams that a cr1 would save.

CONGRATULATIONS.

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

iubike

by iubike

That means a lot from you Lance, I love your cusom bikes, they are beautiful. Just waiting for all my Ti/Alu tuning bolts to arrive and she will be just about done!

K[/code]

STARNUT

by STARNUT

Some of the most stuning builds I have ever worked on or seen are always Cyfacs. I think they make one of the nicest frames around. I much perfer their frame to a Parlee, Spin, or anything else you've seen arond here. I have been thinking for a long time about getting one but I want custom :twisted: and don't want to go to Philiy to get it done. I always told myself that if I was even, god forbid, on the east coast I would go by and get measured.

Nice ride :!:

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

iubike

by iubike

Thanks guy :grin: . My tuning bolts arrive this morning as well so I am pretttttty darn excited. That will save me around 30-40 grams, plus possibly a new rear hub and Pillar Ti spokes, if I do not sell the Zipps. Should save me almost 200 grams. Goal is to get the bike back down to the 12lb market, less than a pound, thats nothing :twisted: Also a thank you tooo

Madcow:
Jason is just a really really wonderful person, I have to say we are all lucky to have someone who is so willing to work with us in this industry. He is so helpful and always willing to offer adive. I can blame him for my purchase of a Cyfac, he jostled a memory I had of them. I can't wait to visit this summer so as to buy this man dinner and a beer if he lets me!

Pk0r:
Nils has been super helpful with the almost daily :oops: questions I have for him. It is really great to have so much knowledge about bikes! As well as the fact that his artful mastery of smiley faces keeps myself (and my girlfriend) entertained and laughing.

Eric from www.VeloEuropa.com:
Bent over backwards for me, sent photos, chatted with me on the phone, called me back when he saw I had called via caller ID (brownies points there). Got me my frame in two days safely. I was freaked out for a moment about the weight, Eric was truly upset that I was not happy. He went as far as to run around weighing other frames for me. In the end his testament to the bike was to ride it, just build it and ride it. If you don't like it I will take it back :shock: . Well I built it and while building it had already decided he was NEVER getting this frame back :twisted: . Thank you Eric, you did an awesome job and you were right! :)

Tom from Parlee:
We spent almost two hours on the phone, after this conversation I had already decided that I would be ordering a boutique frame and nothing else. The commitment and passion was great. Unfortunently things just did not work out 100% on my side, the logistics didn't quite play right for me so a Parlee will have to come at another point.

On a side note, I did not go custom as the stock geometry was what I wanted. Worked out very good for me! If you want custom though, just call Eric, you may not need to travel allll the way out there, he will work with you via telephone if he must. I am sure of it!

K

iubike

by iubike

I have actually asked Eric (from VeloEuropa.com) to contribute to the post, so hopefully he can. If you guys have any questions for him I am sure he will be more than willing to help out.

K

Karbon

by Karbon

iubike wrote:Thanks guy :grin: . My tuning bolts arrive this morning as well so I am pretttttty darn excited. That will save me around 30-40 grams, plus possibly a new rear hub and Pillar Ti spokes, if I do not sell the Zipps. Should save me almost 200 grams. Goal is to get the bike back down to the 12lb market, less than a pound, thats nothing :twisted: Also a thank you tooo
sure of it! K

That would have to be a pretty light rear hub to drop below the 186gm of a Zipp...MAG 140 maybe?

I've not tried it or seen it, but I think the Pillar Ti spokes would fit in Zipp hubs.

shabbasuraj
Shop Owner

by shabbasuraj

sweet ride

more pics please

divve

by divve

Like I wrote on RBR a very nice frame. When I was looking to buy a new frame it was on my shortlist as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com