HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Madone SL?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 5:56 pm
Posts: 97
Any idea of what the weight of the new Trek will be?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Madone SL?
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:41 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:39 pm
Posts: 1234
Location: Holland
By the way, does anybody know how I can get that 'Live Strong' yellow wristband here in Holland? The site doesn't ship outside USA afaik http://store.laf.org/catalog/index.php? ... ESTRONGWEB and I don't have a creditcard..

_________________
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:10 pm
Posts: 32
Location: New Orleans
asphaltdude wrote:
By the way, does anybody know how I can get that 'Live Strong' yellow wristband here in Holland?


No problem. Email me your address and I'll send you a pack of them. I don't mind, it's for a good cause.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:31 pm
Posts: 478
probably between the 5900 and Madone - since this "Madone SL" is just a 5900 seattube/chainstay assembly with a madone toptube/headtube...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Madone SL?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:49 am
Posts: 947
Location: München
Incomplete Pete wrote:
Any idea of what the weight of the new Trek will be?


Possibly another re-badged Scott, i assume? :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
Snowman and Strong Walker
Scott Sc
my old stuff
my new stuff


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 5:56 pm
Posts: 97
The original was made like that, but I reckon this ought to be lighter tubing, probably a 5900 replacement. It looks kinda like a Dogma, well the colour scheme does.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:18 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Possibly another re-badged Scott, i assume?


Too funny. I thought the guy bringing Scott to the USA was some big wig from cannondale?

By the way just ordered my Scott CR1 Team last night (coming from Aussie) $US1723 for the frame/fork/headset a lot less than what they will be here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:34 pm
Posts: 1652
Location: New York City
TedB wrote:
asphaltdude wrote:
By the way, does anybody know how I can get that 'Live Strong' yellow wristband here in Holland?


No problem. Email me your address and I'll send you a pack of them. I don't mind, it's for a good cause.


that was very nice man :wink:

nzkiwiguy wrote:
Quote:
Possibly another re-badged Scott, i assume?


Too funny. I thought the guy bringing Scott to the USA was some big wig from cannondale?

By the way just ordered my Scott CR1 Team last night (coming from Aussie) $US1723 for the frame/fork/headset a lot less than what they will be here.


pm me nzkiwiguy i am looking into getting a scott cr1, i am also looking for a good price.

i also heard from my LBS that someone from cannondale was going to bring the scott's over. is this really true, how about warrenty?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:11 am
Posts: 92
i heard that when lance got taken down by that handbag at last years tour, mayo fell on lance's chainstay. the frame crack and that is why his chain slipped shortly there after. he didn't use that bike for the rest of the tour.

i think they are trying to make these bikes lighter than is realistic. the madone was a stupid idea for a bike. trek advertised it as an "aero road bike". as an aero road bike it's the shits. i liked how they replaced the useless aero tubes with lighter round tube, at least that makes some sence.

gerry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:31 pm
Posts: 478
gerry wrote:
i heard that when lance got taken down by that handbag at last years tour, mayo fell on lance's chainstay. the frame crack and that is why his chain slipped shortly there after. he didn't use that bike for the rest of the tour.

i think they are trying to make these bikes lighter than is realistic. the madone was a stupid idea for a bike. trek advertised it as an "aero road bike". as an aero road bike it's the poo. i liked how they replaced the useless aero tubes with lighter round tube, at least that makes some sence.

gerry


ill like to see a lugged steel bike take a fall like that on the chainstay and remain functional...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:05 am
Posts: 1011
spytech wrote:

i also heard from my LBS that someone from cannondale was going to bring the scott's over. is this really true, how about warrenty?


Scott is bringing Scott to the US. They're building a new factory in Idaho. It is ironic that you can still find the CR1 cheaper overseas .. the prices are inflated for the new release here.

http://www.scottusa.com/news_us_040410.php


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:05 am
Posts: 1011
ShinyBaldy wrote:

ill like to see a lugged steel bike take a fall like that on the chainstay and remain functional...


Steel and Ti are much more resilient then carbon or Alunimum .. and heavier of course. They're going to do better under any crash. The teams can afford to crash the carbon bikes though. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:10 pm
Posts: 32
Location: New Orleans
Ok, I have made my donation and received the "Live Strong" wrist bands. Each of you who asked me for them will get five of them. I sent them to you all today via Air Post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:39 pm
Posts: 1234
Location: Holland
Hey TedB that's really cool! Thank you very much!

_________________
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:56 am 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 1124
Location: Leiden, The Netherlands
TedB, thanks very much great deal! :D
Will support Dutch Cancer Foundation as well, and wear it saturday, when I watch the prologue in Liege!

_________________
Scott CR1 - 5,5 kg - done
Santa Cruz Blur Carbon - 8,9 kg - and tuning...
Body - 60 kg and tuning...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], cloudnine, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Hastur, ITTY, jonathannellis and 58 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 09 Madone Sizing Question

in Road

CamMancuso

4

428

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:43 pm

CamMancuso View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Trek Madone vs Domane

in Road

benhama

6

3115

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:27 pm

benhama View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. new bike help - Cervelo S3 vs R3 vs Madone vs ??

in Road

tacostand

11

1693

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:31 am

kervelo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Stiffer fork for Madone 6.9?

in Road

cheaterbike

1

792

Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:25 am

DMF View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Hey, I'm New. Madone Frame Upgrade Question...

in Road

Vicelord

7

755

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:13 pm

pje0713 View the latest post


It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB