Does anybody know where "Superlite" is right now?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
OCLV

by OCLV

Hi to everyone!

Yeah, the title actually says it! As some of you may know it ordered some Al inserts for my Speedplay Zeros from Superlite. I paid for it half a year ago but never received the inserts! The seller didn't react a long time which may be the result of his car crash. But is that a justification for not reacting 3 months? Well, last month Superlite wrote that he will refund the money (55 USD) in the next days. That was written on 11th December so more than one further month ago! Don't you guys think too that time has come when he should give my money back to me??? Does anybody know where he is right know?

Thomas
Born to be light!

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Thomas, I agree that it isn't right that he isn't replying to you. However, I also don't think that naming and shaming him on this board is going to encourage him to come back to you, nor respond here. There are other ways of doing things. I don't think this is the right one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OCLV

by OCLV

Generally I agree to you, B U T if someone says "the inserts will come, just wait a little bit" or "well, I'll just refund the money" at least me expects that something will happen. But waiting half a year for nothing is not the way i want to go in my life. All the e-mails and pm's i've sent didn't have any effect. The only other way I could go is to inform paypal of this case so that his account might be deleted. Perhaps they also might get my money back but the costs I would have to pay for that service would be half of the money I've sent to superlite. Further I won't have any guarantee that I would get my money back this way. So I tried to move him refunding the money if I wolud do this case a bit more public. Here in Germany this helps a lot. Don't know if it's the same in the US. Another reason for doing this was that there might be somebody living near to superlite who might know him better than me and who could move him to make his bisuness clear. Perhaps I'm wrong but in the moment in my eyes superlite is a guy that got money, told that he would fullfill his part of the business and disappeared with the money. (in the monent it's a betrayal in my eyes) He only appeared here after lots of people who have read my thread that I opended in december. So the public is quite effective in my eyes. Of course if you've other "friendlier" ways to get my money back: I'm open to everything. Just write it in this thread or send me a pm!

Thomas
Born to be light!

drjones96

by drjones96

Where's SL? Hmmm....
My guess is that he's hiding from you, OCLV :lol:

Seriously you should read this thread and that may answer some of your questions.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... ght=#98161

Sounds to me like the dude's got some problems he's dealing with in addition to stiffing you on your inserts.

spookyload

by spookyload

I don't think any of those are excuses for keeping someones money. He made a buisness transaction with someone without having any product to sell. That is wrong. In fact I would think that could almost be fraud. I know he is some of your friends, but maybe this thread will keep someone else from "buying" a pair of inserts from him and losing $55.

PNuT

by PNuT

hes got enuff spare cash to buy an s4 audi :lol:
21 for road 27 for mtb :D

drjones96

by drjones96

PNuT wrote:hes got enuff spare cash to buy an s4 audi :lol:

Yep, seems as though he's got new priorities.

marko

by marko

I don't know him from Adam, but every list I've been on has some down and outer that takes the list for a ride. Slowtwitch gave a Cervelo to some schizo and the Ducati list gave a chick a Ducati Monster. Each had these bleeding stories. I lost my job and went bankrupt last year and that didn't affect how I did business in the least. Hiding behind anything to conduct bad business is nonsense.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeremyb

by jeremyb

yeah i remember that Cervelo deal (Mr Tibbs)----the guy had to get like $1000 in donations from other forum members and Cervelo gave him a factiry seconds P3 i think.

j