FSA K-Force Road Crankset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TB

by TB

There is an ad in this weeks Velonews. Nice looking cranks. 460g claimed. Anyone held a pair yet?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jer

by jer

FSA says they are not shipping yet, at least not to the States. I did see a pair on e-bay but they were going for $400 and no one bid.

I bet we see them for the first time in the tour.

According to the guy I talked to, the Pro teams get first crack at them, then the parts middlemen like BTI and QBP, then us. I'm waiting for the version that uses a dura-ace style BB.

saletel

by saletel

jer wrote:FSA says they are not shipping yet, at least not to the States. I did see a pair on e-bay but they were going for $400 and no one bid.

I bet we see them for the first time in the tour.

According to the guy I talked to, the Pro teams get first crack at them, then the parts middlemen like BTI and QBP, then us. I'm waiting for the version that uses a dura-ace style BB.

this is what i had my heart set on for my current bike..... i called FSA to see why it wasnt on their web site. they said it hadnt been released yet.....

so i ordered carbon record instead....

spytech

by spytech

i just hope that they retain their stiffness and durability or even maybe improve on the cranks. i dont want to trade those qualities for weight; even though lighter weight is appreciated :wink:

any word on the sl-kforce from fsa. and how about the one that uses outboard bearings (megaexo or something like that)?

Superlite

by Superlite

any word on the sl-kforce from fsa

Hey spytech, don't you remember that post I made a few months ago about the SLK? They won't be out till next year sometime, still in the developement phase.

bobalou

by bobalou

TB, Is this the crank you're talking about? Unless I'm mistaken looks like someone is selling them.

:arrow: http://www.glorycycles.com/fsakcacr.html

Superlite

by Superlite

That is the K force, not the SL-K Force. K force is out, in limited quantities, but the SL-K will not be available for another season.

spytech

by spytech

Superlite wrote:That is the K force, not the SL-K Force. K force is out, in limited quantities, but the SL-K will not be available for another season.

any word on the k force stiffness? will it be the same, less or greater than the current line team and superlight cranks?

jer

by jer

spytech wrote:any word on the k force stiffness? will it be the same, less or greater than the current line team and superlight cranks?

That's one of the questions i asked the FSA rep. He said that he didn't know of any definitive tests (this was about six weeks ago) but the redesign should be stiffer as well as lighter. So take that as you will. I kinda got the impression that he was telling me what he thought I wanted to hear and he didn’t really know for sure.

spytech

by spytech

i am sure higher stiffness and lower weight can both be achieved. but are the cost still too high? are the techniques involved to reach these goals cost more than what they want to spend or do spend. would the cost be to high for the regular consumer.

take a look at the "Intro" frame from www.spin-system.de "The BB stiffness is over 100 Nm/°, our stiffest frame (lateral stiffness) is 114 Nm/°" this was from an email they sent me. now thats stiff. i havent seen a production frame with those numbers. but what is the cost of the frame 4980 € (6100 USD) custom. more than my whole bike :arrow: 3680 € (4520 USD) standard.

i dont think the question is can they do it, its more like are they doing it; are they making it stiffer stronger, more durable?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com