Whats the best and lightest bottle cage out there?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

I use to have the BTP 15g cage but they broke on me. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by Guest

And I would like to learn about light bottle cages, that fit with all kinds of bottles and not only special ones, as the cages of btp or tune.... I was thinking about the Tacx Tao. Does anyone know something about it?

nikh

by nikh

Tune Skyline edition
Weight: ca. 5g
Material: carbon / Aramid
scope of delivery: holder / screws / bottle
Colour: black / yellow
Price: 40 Euro

www.tune.de

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

B-T-P makes also a 15 gram cage for standard bottles.

jam23

by jam23

Now I have on my bike the Elite patao carbon, it´s not the lightness but I thing it´s the best, 23gr. of carbon fiber with a good look, it´s strong and you have it on two diameters.
Only one bad thing, the price....about 60€.
Excuse my English, it is not my mother tongue.

by Guest

Yes very bad. Especially if you want to bye 2 of them. I think I am going to get the tacx tao with 40gr and 12E , but I am not sure about my deccision yet. :D Thanks...

jam23

by jam23

One thing about the tacx tao, only works well with tacx bottles, the other bottles moves on the tacx. One important thing to be sure in your deccision.
Excuse my English, it is not my mother tongue.

by Guest

Thank you very much. I didnt know this. I thought this was omly with the B-T-P bottles. Thats bad :( ... I will see what I will do.... Do B-T-P bottles last, or do they brake after some years?

by Guest

Anonymous wrote:Thank you very much. I didnt know this. I thought this was omly with the B-T-P bottles. Thats bad :( ... I will see what I will do.... Do B-T-P bottles last, or do they brake after some years?

The 15g model don't last very long but they say that they changed to model and now it is stronger

Superlite

by Superlite

They break! Hence the whole point of this post. I got about 2 months, 3,000 miles on them before the first one broke. Then about a week later the other. If you ever look at one in person you'll see the low quality and inconsistency in there production. All it is is hand cut carbon fiber and is done very slopily, not evenly cut, not by a long shot! To sum it up, they look crapy, work half way decent, and don't last.

P.S.
I just ordered some IRD 16G carbon cages, will let you know how they are when I get them Thursday.

davey

by davey

i've got the elite inox gel cages...i think 38g. so not the lightest, but definitely the best. my bottles don't make any noise or ever fall out on nasty sections of road, plus my bottles aren't all f'd up with that silvery/black crap--or really scratched up from those overpriced-un-aero carbon pieces (although they do look hot!)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com