six16

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Weisse Luft

by Weisse Luft

martin wrote:Wanna see the first Cannondale ever?

http://www.tourgallerie.de/pics/Rest/Ty ... mFrame.jpg

Funny. But wrong alloy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

martin

by martin

Weisse Luft wrote:
martin wrote:Wanna see the first Cannondale ever?

http://www.tourgallerie.de/pics/Rest/Ty ... mFrame.jpg

Funny. But wrong alloy.

But the nicest weldings i've seen in a while. Anybody knows what BB might fit?

Martin
Snowman and Strong Walker
Scott Sc
my old stuff
my new stuff

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

I'm sure Cannondale has one that's different than anyone elses and can only be used with this frameset.

I heard if you use bud-light can's the weight is even less!

Weisse Luft

by Weisse Luft

Six13's use standard English threaded BB since the SI cranks offers no advantage over DA10 in weight or stiffness.

Superlite

by Superlite

Six13's use standard English threaded BB since the SI cranks offers no advantage over DA10 in weight or stiffness.

Umm, now your wrong. :roll:

The Six13 like the CAAD 7 is offered in both SI crankset and standard english BB.

R5000 is DA 7800 equiped with SI crankset, but Cannondale isn't including the SI crankset on anything but the Record equiped bikes.

The SI cranks weigh in exactly at 660g with all hardware and BB, VS. 740g for the 7800 crankset/bb combo. No weight advantage you were saying? :roll: It mearly isn't offered with the DA equiped bike because it is not the top of the line Six13, where as the Record equiped is ( in cannondales eye's anyway.)

Weisse Luft

by Weisse Luft

Well, I stand corrected. All of the six13's my local dealer has are DA 7800..I guess he isn't top dawg as he has no Campy C'Dales.

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

Superlite wrote:ANd to further back up Weisse Luft, if cannondales have so many problems, then why, unlike almost every other bicycle manufacturer, Cannondale has a LIFETIME WARRENTY on every frame?

If they were as bad as you say I don't think they would want to offer that. Almost no manufacturer can match that. Look at Bianchi, 3 years! :lol:

uh, no offense to the C-Dale fans, but the shop I wrenched in had PLENTY of cracked frames. Sure, some were due to crashes, but not all of them. Also, getting C-Dale to actually warranty them was like pulling teeth and we were the biggest dealer in the STATE! Bear in mind, this was 9 years ago, and I believe they have gotten a LOT better at what they do.

And yes, Cannondale DOES test their bikes more than a helluvalot of other builders.

Superlite

by Superlite

Bear in mind, this was 9 years ago, and I believe they have gotten a LOT better at what they do.

Thats a long time ago. Alot can change in 9 years.

Weisse Luft

by Weisse Luft

9 years ago, CAAD was just a dream. The 2.8 was cutting edge...

saletel

by saletel

Weisse Luft wrote:The frames are made by welding the joints and rear triangle on jigs, finishing and heat treating before assembly with the carbon tubes. The joints are then assembled to the carbon tubes and the whole assembly is then jigged as the matrix cures.

The advantage is the carbon fiber further reduces tube weight without going to dangerously thin walls that buckle and are not durable. Its more for ride quality than light weight.

With aluminum, you can only go so far in ride comfort and still have a durable frame since aluminum has a finite fatigue life.

its actualyl a whole frame that is laser cut apart

saletel

by saletel

Superlite wrote:
Bear in mind, this was 9 years ago, and I believe they have gotten a LOT better at what they do.

Thats a long time ago. Alot can change in 9 years.

it also helps when the rep and the regional rep and many people who work at cannondale used to work at the shop you work at....

our top mechanic left to work on the motorcycle project, he is now one of their top tech guys.