Valve Extensions-

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

C-40

by C-40

What is the shortest valve extension made? New Reynolds Cirrus' are just about 1/4" too deep to allow the Tufo's to adequately grab the pump head adequately to fill them. I have some Dura-Ace extenders but they are just way too long- Any suggestions????

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

Tufo make their own extenders in 20mm, 28mm, 40mm.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

Zipp makes small and large very cool black extenders...I just got some. They have a allen head at the tip, so easily tightened on!

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

Zipp's are light but bad to use. Tufo's are heavy but best. They work different than Zipp's. They comes between the tube and valve. Zipp's after valve...so with Tufo's:

-no pressure leaks when pressurising tubes=sure pressure
-valves can be thightened after pumping

Zipp were pain...no more, now with Tufo's.

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

never had one problem using my Zipp extensions with Tufo tires....holds air great

cadence90

by cadence90

@ cyclemanpat: OT
Did you recover fully from your spill?
What did you do to replace the Cat cranks?
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

Yes.....I am full go! thanks for asking. I replaced my CAT's with FSA superlites isis with the new American Classic isis BB. I love the combo, very stiff and light. CAT wouldn't replace cranks.

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

cyclemanpat wrote:Yes.....I am full go! thanks for asking. I replaced my CAT's with FSA superlites isis with the new American Classic isis BB. I love the combo, very stiff and light. CAT wouldn't replace cranks.

Eh pat replacing faulted carbon cranks with carbon cranks sure you did´nt hit your head in that crash :D

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

no, I missed my head. The FSA cranks are much better built and much stiffer. I have no fear with them.

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

cyclemanpat wrote:no, I missed my head. The FSA cranks are much better built and much stiffer. I have no fear with them.

Just kidding :D I have them too (team issue)
The 10 year warranty and ofcourse the availiability og 177.5 and 180 mm cranks did it for me. But aren´t the superlites constructed in the same way as the CAT´s (carbon mold) while the team issue has an alu core?

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

not real sure....but i do know, once I saw the inside of the CAT cranks after they broke, I couldn't believe how thin the carbon wrap was around the crank bolt area. It looked like 2 or 3 sheets of paper thin!!!

C-40

by C-40

cyclemanpat wrote:not real sure....but i do know, once I saw the inside of the CAT cranks after they broke, I couldn't believe how thin the carbon wrap was around the crank bolt area. It looked like 2 or 3 sheets of paper thin!!!

Do you like being a human testing device???? Do you enjoy the thrill of perhaps seriously injuring your body? Of wasting your money at the same time? Don't say that that is what we deserve for trying to make our bikes light...... Can we not find an efficient way (this forum is not efficient) to share these catastrophic failures with each other so that we are not all individually performing quality control and testing for manufacturers........????????

martin

by martin

below are two of my valve extenders. I love the rear one, made by mavic, comes with Cosic Carbons. the front one might be the length C-40 is looking for?!
Attachments
Ventiladapter.jpg
Snowman and Strong Walker
Scott Sc
my old stuff
my new stuff

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

cyclemanpat wrote:Yes.....I am full go! thanks for asking. I replaced my CAT's with FSA superlites isis with the new American Classic isis BB. I love the combo, very stiff and light. CAT wouldn't replace cranks.

Sorry for messing up the valve extension thread.
Pat I´m going to build my Scott-Cr1 in two weeks time and almost like you I have the FSA team issue and american classics bb.
At american classics homepage you can read about the bb
"The American Classic ISIS bottom bracket requires 15mm crank bolts, and these are NOT included" Are the standard bolts that come with an FSA crankset, 15 mm bolts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

mrowkoob wrote:Sorry for messing up the valve extension thread.

You could have pm'ed pat....

Maybe better to keep thins ot! (although i enjoyed that conversation :lol: )
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!