GALLERY ! Your Crossbikes

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

jeremyb

by jeremyb

thats a hot specialized. I really like the red cables on it. Very nice job. Do you have a frame weight or a complete bike weight for her?

jeremy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LloydP

by LloydP

resurrected an old topic i know, but it seemed fitting

finally got a pic of the current build of my Planet-X Uncle John. Weighs about 20lbs(9.1kg) by the very scientific bathroom scale method, so not really light enough for this site nor jeremyb's gallery! Seatpost desparately needs changing as it weighs a ton, and I should really trim down the steerer tube (which is artfully hidden in the pic...). Got a few other changes planned which ought to drop another pound or so off it, but they're not likely to happen any time soon.

It's by the side of the road because I was marshalling for the BUSA 25mi TT on Saturday and it just seemed the most appropriate way of getting there :wink:

approx build list: Planet X UncleJohn frame, Project 2 CX forks, FSA Orbit X headset, Salsa Bell Laps, Planet X 3D forged stem, Record Ergos and rear mech, Avid Shorty Ti, Ritchey WCS cranks, 42T ring, 13-28 cassette, American Classic/Sapim Race/Velocity Fusion wheelset
Attachments
uncle john cross
uncle john cross

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

i like the paint of the frame! you could easily drop a lot by changing the fork, the kona(it is a kona, right?)is the heaviest fork i can think of(my first cx bikes were kona jake the snake).

LloydP

by LloydP

yeah, I have to admit the classy paint was one factor in choosing the frame (the major one being cost). and then I decided I had to have the rims in red to match...

yep, the Kona fork is heavy when you compare it to the various carbon offerings out there, but it's light compared to the mountain suspension forks I'm used to! and it feels nice to ride, so I'm not bothered even though I know it could be a lot lighter

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Great Bike LLyod! I was going to comment on the fork too, but now it seems like beating a dead horse.

Isaac

by Isaac

Here is my new CX bike.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

lloydp:
i had to buy those konas by myself, no sponsoring. in a race, i broke one kona fork(i had two orange jakes)which is nearly impossible, but i did it. then i had to buy a new fork and had no money. i took a black steel fork(not straight), it was at least 300 grams lighter. such forks can be bought for under 100 euro new. the kona fork gives no damping because it is so solid. after the fork change, i tried to always ride with the bike with the lighter fork because it felt a lot better.

LloydP

by LloydP

wow, simon, breaking one of those forks is quite impressive! i guess i don't have much experience of other cross forks to compare to, so i probably have no idea what i'm missing. any chance it's possible to get straight-blade forks like the replacement one you had? i know it's irrational, but i prefer the look of a straight one on this frame...

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I don't specifically know the fork Simon is speaking of, but IF makes awesome straight blade CX forks, as does interloc as seen here:

http://www.interlocracing.com/forks.html

jeremyb

by jeremyb

or Woundup or Easton or Alpha Q if you want carbon.

1234tuba

by 1234tuba

Here's my new Poprad. Stock with M540 pedals and a king hs, weight was a tick over 22lbs (I know, definately not weenie). However, I like the ride of it so much that I may pick up a second wheelset and just use it as my main ride as well, or atleast until I graduate. If thats the case, then look out. I'll either go full DA or maybe Chorus. Not sure if my Proton wheels will hold up to the abuse though (I'm a little on the heavy side ride now). Other than that, I swapped out the carbon post for a thomson for looks but also because the carbon one was slipping very badly. But for now, I'll ride her as is. I'm also trying to fix my severe fork chatter problem. Maybe a carbon fork will be in my future. :D
Attachments
IMG_0274-1.JPG

balamory

by balamory

The Scottish entry.....
Attachments
wee cross.JPG

BmanX

by BmanX

Here is my bike from another post. A bit under 20 lbs. at this time but heading lower later this year.
Attachments
Redline1.jpg

Rainer B.

by Rainer B.

Here is my new Crosser! Not quite ready!

apmech

by apmech

:arrow:
Last edited by apmech on Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com