Best bar tape.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KB

by KB

My fave is the Fizik, but that's because I like the weight they look. The weight is approx 50g, but I use either two layers on the tope of the bars or their new gel bits under the tape.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SDP

by SDP

definately specialized phat wrap....

comfy i all conditions

tpatnode

by tpatnode

Bontrager has a thin tacky tape they call Race Tape. I'm not sure how much it weighs, but when I replaced the Bontrager Cork Tape with the Race Tape, the weight of the bike dropped 15 grams. I like the tacky feel of the Race Tape too.

butted spoke

by butted spoke

Juanmoretime wrote:I prefer black cork. What is the lightest out there? I've been using Zipp tape which comes out to 36 grams on my bars. It's kind of thin and I really like it but you have to order it with the carbon plugs and have them coming out my ears so I wanted to see if there are any other option.

You only really need them in the ends of the handlebar.

A e o l u s

by A e o l u s

Ambrosio White Tape is my favourite it wipes down quite easily and is thin, it doesnt have much padding but it is cheap so you can "afford" to replace it every couple of weeks.

Knut

by Knut

I like Deda tape, actually so much that I'll rather wait than use something else. It's reasonably light, grippy and wears well.

BBAGDAN

by BBAGDAN

i love my BBB bar tape. relatively cheap, doesn't 'curl' at the edges over time, is grippy, cushiony, and has not come apart despite a crash grinding some of it off on the side.

one thing i now know is that Cinelli cork ribbon is sh*t. oh how i was deluded all these years. never again Cinelli!

smithrebel46

by smithrebel46

I use fizik bar tape. Matches my saddle and is quite nice.

The bar gel is not WW, I know, but it helps on those long rides.

bikeuphill9

by bikeuphill9

Old school cloth tape for hill climbs. Cinneli for everything else. Just my opinion. If there is something cheaper and better then Cinneli out there, please inform me so i can switch after my next hill climb.
"Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today" James Dean

flying

by flying

Knut wrote:I like Deda tape, actually so much that I'll rather wait than use something else. It's reasonably light, grippy and wears well.

I have also been happy with Deda. It does wipe down nice & does not wear from wiping like the Cinelli stuff.

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Deda for the win!

TACSTS

by TACSTS

+1 for Deda. I was all about Cinelli before I tried Deda for the first time. There is NO comparison, I'll never go back!

Coolhand

by Coolhand

SDP wrote:definately specialized phat wrap....

comfy i all conditions

I agree, the S-wrap (without the gel pads) is very good too. Cinelli is crap IMHO.
This forum would be a better place if you had to know what you were talking about prior to posting. And if you took yourself less seriously.

TS-Biker

by TS-Biker

Deda is fine, I also like the Easton handlebartape very much !
It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ElDuderino

by ElDuderino

Torelli Moda Chunky. I bought a pack of these a couple months ago, only because it was the cheapest bar tape available at my lbs. It's been the best bar tape ever, really long lasting, and really comfy. Seems light. And the adhesive backing is very good to remove and put back on if need be. Tried deda, cinelli, and others, and this one's been the best.