Suggestion for all Weight Weenies

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Tippster

by Tippster

onyourleft wrote:
Tippster wrote:
I accept what you are saying. But isn't the weight loss off-set by the unbalancing effect of only having one removed?

Therein lies the problem! Maybe one of those fancy-shmancy 'cut-out' saddles would help - "it" could thus be placed in the center for balance, and the weight lost from the cut-out is gravy!

I hope LA knows the first few bars to the "Nutcracker Suite"....

I thought that was why certain saddles had a cut-out?
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

onyourleft

by onyourleft

If so, then perhaps their are more "Serious" Weight Weenies in our midst (like LA) than we know!?

Who'da thunk it?

dannymelancholy

by dannymelancholy

OK, you're all miles behind me, (literally, when racing!)

I have of course removed all hair and I ride naked. I found my ears were causing too much drag so I had them removed also. I have had my feet and ankle bones replaced with carbon pedal axles that thread directly into my crank. I have had my left arm removed and right hand now has an attachment to clamp directly to the steerer tube so no handlebar required either. How do I change gear you may well ask? Easy, I have a small mouse (17.2g when in race mode) that simply moves the chain across upon a sucession of short whistles so again I have saved weight on the front shifter, cables and front mech (I couldnt do without the rear mech; much as I tried to train the mouse to hold some jockey wheels it just wasnt strong enough to make it through a race). Im planning on upgrading to a pigmy marmasatt (circa 9g) but Im having trouble with the import licence from Borneo...

:wink:
---------------------
Taking the path of least resistance...

onyourleft

by onyourleft

As long as you've ditched unneccesary weight, I don't see a problem. :exactly:

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

Don't be too fast to start though, there is a rumor the UCI will have a minimum weight limit on the rider too from 2006...

onyourleft

by onyourleft

Noooooooooo!! :evil:

TunedCannondaleR700

by TunedCannondaleR700

Minimum rider weight NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I guess I am screwed now I already had all those parts removed. Oh well at least I had a good time doing all my modifictaions. I guess I will have to take up chess or something.........
Cannondale is quite simply the best

Tippster

by Tippster

always confuses me when people post a reply 4 months later...
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

StevenG

by StevenG

Do we really need five fingers and toes?

BBAGDAN

by BBAGDAN

What is the weight of one's weenie? Mine's maybe a quarter pound limp.

if you're so dedicated that you liposuck and remove your spleen, one kidney, one testicle, one eyeball, both ears, all toes, 4 fingers, and all body hair, then why not lop off the Johnson too?

It's not like you'll need it... anyone that nuts wouldn't find a sex partner anyway.

Ask my girlfriend how 'enthused' i am for horizontal activities after i get home from a 5-hour ride.

theremery

by theremery

bbagdan.....you ride until you don't want to shag??? give up on life dude.....chop ya head off (double entendre deliberate)
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Well, carbons the fad at the moment, I wonder if carbon cloth is a suitible replacement for skin - and hey, you wont have to worry about road rash any more, just mix up some epoxy resin and your set. Your joins arent really needed either, just inert ball bearing and sand down the rest of the joint until youve got a small bearing run, no big deal :)

King Weel

by King Weel

Does remind me of Cipollini wearing his muscle suit...
Specialized S-Works Allez (the shiny one :) )
Turner Czar custom
Working on a new S-Works Tarmac custom!