New Frame?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beeble

by Beeble

The Tour Magazin test can be bought online, in my opinion 2€ well spent.

The test is in german, but again in my opinion, the text itself isn´t that important as the figures tell their own story. And you can allways ask for help some of the people here on forum.

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

divve

by divve

zoey wrote:Divve do you have a Lex? Any pics :?:

Yes, I've got one but it hasn't been built up yet. Still waiting for some parts :(

The only info I can give is that it looks kickass :) I'll get pics once it's done.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

My vote would be for the Storck C0.9....but then I liked this frame so much, I bought one!
Ride lightly!

spytech

by spytech

Ye Olde Balde One wrote:My vote would be for the Storck C0.9....but then I liked this frame so much, I bought one!

what is the STW ratio and overall stiffness of the storck 0.9 :?:

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

spytech wrote:
Ye Olde Balde One wrote:My vote would be for the Storck C0.9....but then I liked this frame so much, I bought one!

I don't think it was available when the test was done.

While such numbers are useful, they are just numbers and as such, do they have anything to do with how the frame rides and handles out in the world? I doubt it...
Ride lightly!

mises

by mises

In the US you should look at Parlee as well. Very nice bike and can get custom geometry like the Calfee. Either one can make the frame as stiff as you want by changing tubing, etc. Compared to some of the others on your list their custom ones are not that expensive either.

The main reason I got a Calfee Tetra was because I wanted custom geometry and I like the Ti dropouts, bb, and head tube sleeve and that there aren't any holes punched in the tubes for bottle cage or cable mounting. I also had a sleeve put inside the bottom of the seat tube to stiffen the BB.

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

how about the kuota kredo. Kuota has been getting some great reviews (pezcycling, euro bike of the year in 2003 - the Khan)

Kredo is 1030gm in small, 1080 in medium.

My only issue is it uses a 1 1/4 headset vs a 1 1/8th. Sfiff for climbing and decending but upgrades would be an issue

I thnk the Orbea Orca is sweet. I was at the tour de georgia the other week and was checking out the set up of the jelly belly team

zoey

by zoey

I getting closer to going for the CR1 Team size Large with the SL fork.

Is a headset supplied? Looks like the post size is 31.6 and the headtube is 1 1/8.

Anyone with a CR1 can you please PM me? I have a few more questions before I place an order.
Cheers,
:lol:

"Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Click Here to see my Scott CR1.

spytech

by spytech

"The extraordinary achievement ability of the framework was confirmed by a test stand test under extremely intensified conditions with test loads to 2000N with Pruefinstitut Velotech. Thus the SPIN is "intro" the only framework in the weight class to 1000g, which got over such high test loads without damage and rigidity loss"

that is higher than the top performance frame in the efbe test at 1300N

spytech

by spytech

Ye Olde Balde One wrote:
spytech wrote:

I don't think it was available when the test was done.

While such numbers are useful, they are just numbers and as such, do they have anything to do with how the frame rides and handles out in the world? I doubt it...

here are the figures, i had them, but they were buried in 100's of emails.

"The BB stiffness of the first C0.9 was 89Nm/° and the lateral stiffness was 68Nm/°. The weight of this frame was 970g so the STW lateral is 70.1 the BB STW is 91.75 so the total STW is 80.93"

oh, and this info come from storck themselves.