AC 350 Wheel Set

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Anyone riding these? Rim weight is 350g!!!

http://www.amclassic.com/MTB_350_Wheels.html

I saw a set at my lbs and they were sick light and looked awsome! The set I saw had DT comp spokes....but you can get these with the Sapim CX-ray spokes. There is a lising on this site for under 1400g for the set!

I want to know who is riding these and how they like them. I want a pair.

Knut

by Knut

If only those rims were available seperately... :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Actually, I don't think it's a bad set up. You get 350g rims, and one of the lightest hub sets available. Plus you can get the build with Sapim CX spokes and Al nipples. Not sure I would change anything.

I'm wondering if AC is making the Stan's rims. The AC 350 rims are the only MTB rims out there that I have heard of at this weight and they have a big add on their web page that says compatible with Stan's. I wonder if Stan out sourced to AC to make his set up?

SWorksRider

by SWorksRider

Stans actually works with AC on them and I believe AC will soon be distributing an optional stans kit with their wheels. The rims are alright, the spokes are awsome, but the hubs are not too good. It all depends on how you ride them though, I have met some people who absolutly love them.

flat_chipmunk

by flat_chipmunk

I bought a set last fall and have been very happy (disc). VERY STIFF-more than I thought they would be (DT 14/15DB spokes). Hubs roll better than others I have tried. I would recommend these so far!

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

and they are going to make a 29er set!! There is a god after all. Now if only we could get a better choice of tires and front forks for 29ers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com