2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ichobi

by ichobi

a clearer view of the new systemsix.

https://www.facebook.com/veloncc/videos ... =2&theater

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

AJS914 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:39 am
So, how come nobody directly behind the car crashed into the car?
Because that's how it works. The people at the front can see the hazard and react to it, the people behind get less and less time to react as the braking effect ripples back and amplifies through the bunch. It's a general rule of car crashes and even open road congestion.
It honestly looks like a wheel touch.
It was a wheel touch, no-one has said otherwise. But it was a wheel touch because of the lead car slowing down.

wingguy

by wingguy

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:45 am
I suppose they're doing it to be close enough to jump in any potential breaks that go, but honestly, the first one never lasts anyway.
The first one did last yesterday :wink:

NS

by NS

If the car had auto braked the brake lights would have come on. If it emergency brakes dont the hazard lights flash too? Possibly the cruise got knocked off or it got knocked into neutral.

Rondje

by Rondje

turlutu wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:10 am
Cannondale six 13 , the new aero model from Cannondale seen at Abu Dhabi
It seems very narrow from that POV , impressive
We find the same stays positioned quite low on the frame as most modern frame

I'll try to find some more pics
McLay the rider is on a disc bike for this prototype , so I fear it won't be available with rims brakes direct mount , might be wrong

Picture from GCN: https://instagram.com/p/BffZe3XB3yU/

spud

by spud

So Wiggins has a press conference talking about his team, and how they "got rid of the dead wood". Nice way to throw former team members/riders under the bus. And he promises to talk about the "Jiffy Bag" incident "very soon". I think the boy is starting to crack, he sounds like Trump.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

wingguy wrote:
ichobi wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:34 pm
Dan Mcclay seems to be riding a new Cannondale aero road bike. I mean look at those seatstays. Also aero bar. Any clues?
There's a thread in the road forum about C'Dale putting a 'SystemSix' road bike onto the UCI approved list late last summer, and that it will finally be an aero road bike. That's the first pic I've seen of it though, hopefully some journos will take more photos of it around the EF team bus during this race!
Cano-vias

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Rondje

by Rondje

Not a move you would expect. Tom Boonen will take on an advisory role at Lotto-Soudal. He won't be seen in the team car but some advisory work in the background.

Fiery

by Fiery

maquisard wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:35 am
I suspect wingguy's explanation is plausible. The person in the control of the vehicle either dis-engaging drive, or accelerator and the vehicle being swamped. This may have caused another system to activate but again, I did not see the vehicles's brake lights activate. I would guess this is pure driver error and nothing more.
Check second 25 of the Cycling Life video (https://youtu.be/e_KfaYTucgA?t=25s) - the brake light is on and then it goes out a second or two later. Whether it was operator error or not, some braking definitely happened.

maquisard

by maquisard

pastronef

by pastronef

maquisard wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:03 am
More news from the DB/Sky circus!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/others ... iness.html
I´ve read that he will be now an official Sky employee, while before he was paid as a consultant. if they employ him officially it´s good. it means he´s there to stay. :thumbup:

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

spud wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:46 pm
So Wiggins has a press conference talking about his team, and how they "got rid of the dead wood". Nice way to throw former team members/riders under the bus. And he promises to talk about the "Jiffy Bag" incident "very soon". I think the boy is starting to crack, he sounds like Trump.
Having had the "pleasure" of meeting Wiggins a few times, I can confirm he's a self absorbed narcisit. Good deisel engine mind.
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

lol wiggins was throwing SO MUCH SHADE in that presentation. I loved it but also hated it.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

spud wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:46 pm
For reference,
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wookski

by Wookski

nathanong87 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:46 pm
lol wiggins was throwing SO MUCH SHADE in that presentation. I loved it but also hated it.
He’s just warming up, I wonder how many dudes he’s about to throw under the bus now that he’s free from the shackles of Sky/ Waffa etc this season?