Another Nut-ty light TCR Advanced

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

iubike

by iubike

Divve is in fact correct, this morning on a training ride I was suddenly ejected from my bicycle. In suprise I turned to find my bike standing straight up, the Tufos had actually gotten stuck to the road :shock: ! Twas a shame, I had to actually remove my wheels from the bike and pull my Zipps out of the tires :oops: . They still sit stuck to the road as we speak... shame.

K

twistyaction usa

by twistyaction usa

iubike wrote:Divve is in fact correct, this morning on a training ride I was suddenly ejected from my bicycle. In suprise I turned to find my bike standing straight up, the Tufos had actually gotten stuck to the road :shock: ! Twas a shame, I had to actually remove my wheels from the bike and pull my Zipps out of the tires :oops: . They still sit stuck to the road as we speak... shame.

K

Dude, it's April 2nd. :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iubike

by iubike

Im serious :shock: Stopped DEAD!

K

Ripley451

by Ripley451

The sealant goes on the inside :lol:
Vorsprung Durch Tortë http://www.costablancacycling.com/

Johnny_Yutah

by Johnny_Yutah

I like your bicycle rack, where can I buy one? Thanks.

DiterDV

by DiterDV

Great bike, I love the black frame. Maybe I will look for somebody who is able to strip my TCR frame. But it will be for next winter.
Idd the Giant parts are really stiff and look great, the stem is for me the best looking carbo stem on the market.
There's no point in living if you can't feel alive - JB

Johnny_Yutah

by Johnny_Yutah

Anybody has info on this rack?

Frans

by Frans

Is that a 2005 or 2006 Giant?

I swear the rear dropouts on my bike are much longer. I can see this from the slots in the dropouts. But maybe it's cause they're painted black they look chunkier.

I hope Giant doesn't start introducing running improvements to the frame. Consumers will never know what they're getting...

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

Frans wrote:Is that a 2005 or 2006 Giant?

I swear the rear dropouts on my bike are much longer. I can see this from the slots in the dropouts. But maybe it's cause they're painted black they look chunkier.

I hope Giant doesn't start introducing running improvements to the frame. Consumers will never know what they're getting...

It is a TCR Advanced... not a TCR C... and Giant has always been constantly changing/modifying their frames... so in some sense it is already the case...

but I'm sure the folks who care will find out - and those who don't obviously... don't care?

After the introduction of the TCR Advanced... Giant increased the wheelbase for the TCR C... if you looked at the TCR Advanced from the first year and the ones being released for next year - the ISP version anyway... the seatpost/chainstay/toptube triangle is much more beefer...

Frans

by Frans

My point is solely about the TCR advanced. The 2005 I ride has longer droputs (not chainstays) with long slots on them.

Just a small detail from someone with a very detailed eye...

bikeguy101

by bikeguy101

The rack is called "superstand", made by Willworx. It is also an option to buy a connector and have a row of them.. Wide enough for mtb tires, as well. Stable and pretty well made. I believe that it is an Aussie product and distributed in the U.S. by Giant. I use them in my shop regularly.

bikeguy101

by bikeguy101

2005and 2006 TCR Adv frames have remained unchanged except for the paintjob. ISP version is not sold in the US. The geometry of the Adv. is slightly different than the TCR which is a bit more streched..

DiterDV

by DiterDV

Could you tell us some more about how the frame is stripped and finished? I don't know what paintjob it had before.
Thnx
There's no point in living if you can't feel alive - JB

bikeguy101

by bikeguy101

The paint is hand sanded down. If you take last year's team frame which had a lot of paint on it, it is safe to sand it only so much since the paint goes down to the grain of carbon. The painter blends it w/ black in order to have a nice transition. The current frames which have no paint are easier to deal w/. You could take the time and do it yourself, however i get them done by a professional bike painter for consistency.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Coolhand

by Coolhand

bikeguy101 wrote:The paint is hand sanded down. If you take last year's team frame which had a lot of paint on it, it is safe to sand it only so much since the paint goes down to the grain of carbon. The painter blends it w/ black in order to have a nice transition. The current frames which have no paint are easier to deal w/. You could take the time and do it yourself, however i get them done by a professional bike painter for consistency.

Probably safe to say though that your warranty is probably gone at that point though I would have to imagine.
This forum would be a better place if you had to know what you were talking about prior to posting. And if you took yourself less seriously.