Zullo - Oria KK steel bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JLS

by JLS

So I had a few bits about the house and wanted to see what it looked like with partial super record. Just need a rear me front derailleur.

I am thinking of getting some wheels built silver hubs with archetypes like the below image maybe red spoke nipples are a bit too much though.

I have also picked up a cheap flite 1990 in black cheap off eBay too.

dj97223

by dj97223

I'd go with silver components and wheels. No red bits. It is unlikely you will find any that match the red paint of the rim.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JLS

by JLS

Got some silver pmp hubs to go with my rims :)

Going to stick with super record for now but on the lookout for a campy titanium record 9 speed groupset.

For cable housing I am thinking either black, yellow or red. It will go with black bar tape. Any suggestions?

kgt

by kgt

+1 on record 9 speed. I would choose black cable housing too.

964Cup

by 964Cup

I went with silver Athena 11 on my Zullo Vintage, but used a Centaur chainset so I could have a polished alloy crank but Ultra Torque rather than Power Torque. I'll post pics tomorrow if I get a chance. In the meantime, here's another gratuitous C-Record pic:

JLS

by JLS

964Cup wrote:I went with silver Athena 11 on my Zullo Vintage, but used a Centaur chainset so I could have a polished alloy crank but Ultra Torque rather than Power Torque. I'll post pics tomorrow if I get a chance. In the meantime, here's another gratuitous C-Record pic:

Athena 11 is nice shame it is overpriced on eBay most of the time.

JLS

by JLS

Well i finally managed to source all the parts i wanted for the build and took it out for a test ride using wheels from one of my other bikes.

There is still some bits i want to change but it is such a nice ride and this is the first time i have ridden a modern campy groupset which is so smooth.

I will get some better photos at some point when it is completley finished.

And for the weightweenies out there it weighs 8kg.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

wow, thats nice! proportions are perfect.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

The bike came out well. Glad you kept the original silver headset; it matches best.
And 8 kg is quite a surprise!
My minor OCD begs you to make the bar drops even with the top tube.

JLS

by JLS

Stolichnaya wrote:The bike came out well. Glad you kept the original silver headset; it matches best.
And 8 kg is quite a surprise!
My minor OCD begs you to make the bar drops even with the top tube.

Cheers, dont worry i have changed this i think it was a bit loose and moved during my ride.

Hopefully get to ride it on Sunday.