Time XPro pedals - any details?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

reknop

by reknop

Personally I rode for a long time with Time Equipe (magnesium pedals), as well as Time Equipe shoes. However Time replace the Equipe range with the Time Impact range: https://www.google.nl/search?q=time+imp ... 20&bih=974

I wore out two pairs of Time Impact pedals in a year, where play on the pedal axle and bushings resulted in knee pain. So I made the switch to Speedplay back than and still use multiple sets of Zero pedals.

However I'm curious to learn about the build quality of the Time Xpro pedals, since I hear mixed feedback on the Xpresso series as well. So for now there is no compelling story for me to switch back.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

AJS914

by AJS914

I also rode Time Equipes for years and years. I kept riding them even though they weighed a ton instead of jumping to the newer style pedals.

I finally switched to Expresso pedals. I like them and haven't had any issues with three sets (8s, 6es, and 4s). I'm ready for another set of cleats but I don't walk a lot so I've gotten a few years out of my cleats.

The Xpro looks like it's an improved Expresso pedal. Same cleats.

The RXS is the closest thing to the old Equip pedals. They still had a small brass cam in the cleat. I believe they just quietly discontinued them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

I also rode the Equipe until 2 years ago when I switched to Xpresso (4s, 8s, 10s and 15s).

Very satisfied with them - except that they have very fast a play. I hope that the next generation will have solved this problem.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Time have posted details on the Xpro pedals on their site.

TonyM

by TonyM

BdaGhisallo wrote:Time have posted details on the Xpro pedals on their site.

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

https://www.time-sport.com/tme_int_en/pedals/road.html
scroll down to the Xpro

kgt

by kgt

They look nice! I was not enthousiast for Time pedals after trying their older RXS but I would give Xpro a try.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Looking nice, but they've bumped up the weight from Xpresso 15 by almost 40g per pair, so...
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Attermann

by Attermann

The 15 is like the old 12, No ceramic speed bearings and so on

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

This is the spiel from the Xpro 10 page and sums up the improvements over the Xpresso:

"The body of this pedal has been reinforced thanks to a new design and a more durable carbon material. Power transfer and stability are improved with a pedal surface of 725mm2 – 25mm2 larger than the Xpresso (700mm2). The lower fairing was created to improve aerodynamics and protect the carbon blade. The Iclic system has been redesigned to allow for a more positive cleat engagement and to be more comfortable."

mattr

by mattr

AJS914 wrote:The RXS is the closest thing to the old Equip pedals. They still had a small brass cam in the cleat. I believe they just quietly discontinued them.
We've stockpiled Impact and Equipe series pedals and cleats. We shouldn't need to buy pedals for at least another 10-12 years.....

Renne

by Renne

From the Time website linked above by TonyM:
Finally, the Xpro 15 shares the same watt-saving CeramicSpeed bearings and super light hollow titanium spindle from the Xpresso 15 resulting in an overall weight of 87.3 grams per pedal.

Technical Information
Pedals Xpro 15
Roulements Steel bearings

Text says CeramicSpeed Bearings and tech info says steel bearings...

TonyM

by TonyM

Renne wrote:From the Time website linked above by TonyM:
Finally, the Xpro 15 shares the same watt-saving CeramicSpeed bearings and super light hollow titanium spindle from the Xpresso 15 resulting in an overall weight of 87.3 grams per pedal.

Technical Information
Pedals Xpro 15
Roulements Steel bearings

Text says CeramicSpeed Bearings and tech info says steel bearings...

LOL :mrgreen:
The Marketing Department is not working properly with the Technical Department :mrgreen:

Send them a quick note...

sam575

by sam575

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Attermann wrote:what issues?

Found this on the Fiets.nl forum: user LCSMET

"Received information from Time Sport's export manager in response to my question as to whether Time stopped manufacturing / selling their RXS pedals, which unfortunately was answered in the affirmative.

Hello,

We had few problems in the past with XPRESSO but a lot of modifications have been made last year and we will introduce a new model on January 2018 called XPRO pedals.

Wishing you good ride,
Best regards,

Christine Collin
Export Manager
Time SPORT INTERNATIONAL
725 rue Aristide Bergès - 38340 VOREPPE - France"

That's what they said when they developed the first generation iClic into the Xpresso!

mortirolo

by mortirolo

The Xpro 15 is the top-level model, coming in at a claimed weight of 174.6g for the pair (compared with 142g for the Xpresso 15)

The Xpro 12 comes with a titanium axle but this time it isn’t hollow, and weighs 188g.

My xpresso 12: 154g and half price vs. Xpro 12.
Marco Pantani - Momenti Di Gloria
AX Vial (SR11) <- FELT FC (Record 10) <- LOOK KX (Dura-Ace) <- Specialized EPIC (Superbe Pro)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

mortirolo wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:22 pm
The Xpro 15 is the top-level model, coming in at a claimed weight of 174.6g for the pair (compared with 142g for the Xpresso 15)

The Xpro 12 comes with a titanium axle but this time it isn’t hollow, and weighs 188g.

My xpresso 12: 154g and half price vs. Xpro 12.
Can you give us any other feedback yet? How do they function?