Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mathab

by mathab

spliid wrote:It's a set from Farsports, 700c 50mm*25mm clincher. Mounted with Vittoria corsa 25's.
Two hours in the saddle today. A bit of every terrain and it responded as I would expect. It's a while since I drove 50mm on the front wheel which is more than enough when it's pretty windy. Only issue I have with the frameset so far is the seatpost. I will try to keep an eye on it since I think my saddle tilted a bit forward. I have have tightened it pretty much. I have also had the fm066 and fm069 and they are pretty similar in steering/handling. However the geometry of this reminds me more of a cervelo with a top tube which is far from horizontal. Small things is that I run di2, and the hole for the rear and front mech has no supplied rubber guard. The normal shimano does not fit :-(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size of frame did you buy? Any other comment on the frame? Just ordered mine but have not found many reviews or comments about it

Rubik

by Rubik

pastronef wrote:was checking LTBIKES website, and I sent two email for infos, but without answer

http://www.ltbikes.com/

anyone bought and dealt with them?

thanks

Got my ltk118 about a month or so ago. Dealt with Alisa the whole time. Always had a quick response and everything was very cut and dry. Quite happy with the frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef

Rubik wrote:
pastronef wrote:was checking LTBIKES website, and I sent two email for infos, but without answer

thanks

Got my ltk118 about a month or so ago. Dealt with Alisa the whole time. Always had a quick response and everything was very cut and dry. Quite happy with the frame.

I wrote them using the email adress on their website but got no answer :noidea:

Rubik

by Rubik

pastronef wrote:
Rubik wrote:

thanks

Everything went through this email:

longtengalisa@163.com

pastronef

by pastronef

Rubik wrote:
pastronef wrote:
Rubik wrote:

thanks

longtengalisa@163.com

thank you, let´s see if I finally can get that BMChina :P

AZR3

by AZR3

I placed an order for a Velobuild 010 aka Chinarello F10 as a trainer bike. It's my first open mold frame so figured I'd go for the imposter ride of Chris Froome, even opted for Tour de France yellow paint.

pastronef

by pastronef

Rubik wrote:
pastronef wrote:
Rubik wrote:

thanks

longtengalisa@163.com

are they on holiday maybe? I had no answer for 2-3 weeks :noidea:

pastronef

by pastronef

as anyone dealt with LTBIKES recently? (longtengalisa)

it's holiday in China now, but I've been trying to reach them for 3 weeks and no answer
they closed shop?
changed contacts?

thanks

pastronef

by pastronef

my guesses are confirmed, because after LTBikes, Top-Fire is not answering either. so big holidays down there in China. until next week

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/

Often companies (if they are small) will decide to either completely take the time off or lower the workload and add a few days, or ± a week leading up to or following official holidays.
The next big holiday begins in a few days, it is not surprising to see various contacts go quiet for a while.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

ive seen shipping labels from people buying from hongfu, dengfu, etc, and i think most of them are drop-shipped from longteng. i.e. LTK is the manufacturer

sib

by sib

waltthizzney wrote:Here is my FM066/R01 from Tan Tan built up. 15.9lbs as shown. Pretty good weight considering the components. Wheels are Light Bicycle 45mm Clinchers.

It looks like your RD cable comes out of the frame right in front of your QR bolt. All the pics I've seen show it coming out partway down the chainstays.

How is it in real life use?
Is it easy to take the rear wheel off/on?
Does it put pressure on the RD cable?

Thanks in advance!

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

sib wrote:
waltthizzney wrote:Here is my FM066/R01 from Tan Tan built up. 15.9lbs as shown. Pretty good weight considering the components. Wheels are Light Bicycle 45mm Clinchers.

It looks like your RD cable comes out of the frame right in front of your QR bolt. All the pics I've seen show it coming out partway down the chainstays.

How is it in real life use?
Is it easy to take the rear wheel off/on?
Does it put pressure on the RD cable?

Thanks in advance!

hey, its not bad, little annoying using large 68000 skewers but I have never really had an issue with it. Bike is riding great after a summer of racing and hard riding, going to put some 28mm tires on it for the winter. Have not had any issues shifting, although i did fry one shifter cable

I will ask tan tan though, maybe it was an update to the FM066, it is stamped R01 in the headtube

tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=360

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

review of the LTK118 / FM686 / Ribble SL

https://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/reviews/ ... II4xRJC.97

SeanG79

by SeanG79

Does anyone know when LTBikes are likely to open again? Been reading for last few weeks and keen to get the LTK118 frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com