Caad12 rear brake guide missing?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Hey guys.

Just bought a new Caad12 (rim brake) frameset online. But the groomet or cable guide at the rear brake outlet is missing.

Anybody have a picture of it or know the parts name of it? In the front it fits, but the hole is to big at the rear. The shop said it should take a normal brake cable + The end piece. If not the frame was faulty. Sound weird to me. Just think there is missing a part.

Thanks in advance!

srshaw

by srshaw

I'm not sure anything is missing, and the outer cable with the end cap should just sit in there.

http://www.cannondalespares.com/CAAD12- ... del/caad12

This website has a great diagram showing the names for the small parts. It doesn't appear to show anything for the rear brake.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evan326

by evan326

There is a molded plastic stop that goes there. Try your local cannondale dealer. If not, a universal stop would work.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

srshaw wrote:I'm not sure anything is missing, and the outer cable with the end cap should just sit in there.

http://www.cannondalespares.com/CAAD12- ... del/caad12

This website has a great diagram showing the names for the small parts. It doesn't appear to show anything for the rear brake.

But it doesn't. The outercable and endcap can go thru the hole? :?

Nejmann

by Nejmann

evan326 wrote:There is a molded plastic stop that goes there. Try your local cannondale dealer. If not, a universal stop would work.

Like a round one or like this?

evan326

by evan326

Round, kinda hard to see because they're both black on my bike.
I bought a caad10 framset that didn't have any of the stops. I went to my lbs and they gave me a hand full of stops. Two of these ended up being the right ones for the brake cable stops.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

evan326 wrote:Round, kinda hard to see because they're both black on my bike.
I bought a caad10 framset that didn't have any of the stops. I went to my lbs and they gave me a hand full of stops. Two of these ended up being the right ones for the brake cable stops.

Thanks so much! Made a Order on cannondale part kp224 and 193.. let's see if they fit. Doh!

srshaw

by srshaw

Mines the disk version, so obviously is designed for the outer to fit. This might seem stupid but is the outer meant to fit through? What's the other end like?

I can't possibly see how the frame is faulty though.

TarugoKing

by TarugoKing

Yup, it does look like a 224. I don't think you need the 193 though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com