Time Trialing

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I'm a good worker, love riding at >85% of my MHR, but I suck at sprints, so I'm working on my time trialing ability.

Does anyone have some good training ideas for TT'ing? I've just started riding at 80% of my MHR as I used to ride at 90% regularly. What success have other members had?

Brian

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

here ya go Bruiser. you could do a lot worse than taking Karen's advice (formerly Kurreck of TT World Champion fame) http://www.altovelo.org/training/timetrials.htm

Years ago, I was a pretty good time triallist over shorter courses, but I've changed my training program a lot. I used to just hammer and hammer and hammer every ride, including getting my bod up to doing 20 minute intervals at 10 beats below my max. yeeeesh..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Get used to the flat time trail position :lol:
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

Bruiser

by Bruiser

My TT'ing is comming along very well at the moment, just need to stop my stitches.
On Sat I found the best way for me is to race with the attitude "I'm not here to win, just to ride harder than ever before". just sat at the front of the bunch and pushed them hrader than they like (they were blocking for a breakaway and I was wearing them down before the bunch sprint). Spent my strong yards at 182-185bpm (92%)

I've also learnt to vary my leg speed, grind for speed, spin fast to remove the lactic between grinds.

How do members avoid stitches during TT's?

Brian

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I looked it up on google.

I'll be doing more situps and ab work.

No stitches yesterday and I rode really well. We averaged 39kph and I spent alot of time at the front (I don't like giving sprinters time to recover).

I've got a immune system cold at the moment, as soon as I'm rid of it I'll be training specifically for TTing.

Brian

Cyco

by Cyco

If sprinters are in the group at the end of the race and you have spent the last 50km leading them out, why do think will win?

Try and do do some negarive split work during training (a bit like an extended max. test), worked great for me during pursuit training.
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

Bruiser

by Bruiser

How would win? Me, there usually too spent.
I know it's not logical, but it works :? . They like a slow race and a fast sprint, I don't let them rest for the sprint. I've done plenty of races were I've rested for the sprint and it never works for me.

Negative Split Work? Please tell me more [Located at http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0972.htm ]

Brian

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com