Show me your ti bikes

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

ViperZ

by ViperZ

Emmanuel wrote:@ ViperZ: really nice, clean bike you've got there. And amazing pics as well. But please do us all a favor and get rid of the valve protecting thingies! It's useless weight and, even worse, looks horrendously amateuristic!

Thanks, on the bike and on the pictures. :thumbup:

Actually I quite like the valve caps and will be putting on a set of Yellow Continental ones. I think the valves with out them look unfinished, and not ready for the show IMHO :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

KB wrote:Cadence - Welcome back. Hope it's not a fleeting visit.

Thanks KB, that is very kind of you.
I went through some very difficult personal times, and still am, but I hope to participate here more regularly.

I'm happy to see some of the old-timers still here, some coming back, and lots of new, enthusiastic, informed people. (And we lost one, I was very sad to read....) It's a very good forum, and the mixture of passion and knowledge has always been it's saving grace. Good to see it's healthier than ever.

And:...Wow, the bar on lightweight bikes has really been raised, too! D@mn, some really, truly beautiful and serious builds around here lately!

Sorry for the OT, but I did want to say thanks.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

cadence90

by cadence90

ViperZ wrote:
Emmanuel wrote:@ ViperZ: really nice, clean bike you've got there. And amazing pics as well. But please do us all a favor and get rid of the valve protecting thingies! It's useless weight and, even worse, looks horrendously amateuristic!

Thanks, on the bike and on the pictures. :thumbup:

Actually I quite like the valve caps and will be putting on a set of Yellow Continental ones. I think the valves with out them look unfinished, and not ready for the show IMHO :wink:

Sorry, I agree with Emmanuel on this...and yellow???
Pleeeease, Viper, stop while you're ahead. :P

Plus, you need to put some pedals on that thing before you worry about what color your valve caps are...!
(I never noticed before that Campa does not center the valve opening between spoke groups on the G3 rims before, is that typical? It seems strange.)

Anyway, that bike is too beautiful to be just for show (and I hope it isn't just for that), and, once again, the photos are really super!
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

ViperZ

by ViperZ

Pedals are coming, I have set the bike up with my old DA Looks, but took them off because it's sort of Blasphemy.

Nope, sorry I may be a loser amateur, but I like my valve caps :twisted:
Yep Yellow, it picks up the color of the Yellow Litespeed. I have already done it, but I know you hate it, so I will not post it :lol:

The placement of the valve hole on the rim was something I first picked out too, not sure why.

sleepystarz

by sleepystarz

:hello: Viper

As I already mentioned before, beautiful bike.

C a s r a n wrote:I met the guy with this bike on training this morning... we rode aproximately 20km together. And he rode those wheels!! :shock:

Casran, what a bike! Wish I was training on something like that too, not to mention with lightweights :twisted:
96 Trek 2100
04 Principia RSL in the works

SHVentus

by SHVentus

ViperZ,

Very nice photos of a great build!

ViperZ

by ViperZ

sleepystarz wrote::hello: Viper

As I already mentioned before, beautiful bike.

Hey Sleepy, Good to see you on line, Thanks :waving:

Thanks SHventus :beerchug:

cadence90

by cadence90

ViperZ wrote:Pedals are coming, I have set the bike up with my old DA Looks, but took them off because it's sort of Blasphemy.

Nope, sorry I may be a loser amateur, but I like my valve caps :twisted:
Yep Yellow, it picks up the color of the Yellow Litespeed. I have already done it, but I know you hate it, so I will not post it :lol:

The placement of the valve hole on the rim was something I first picked out too, not sure why.

Maybe you can commission Boonen to do a Photoshop (or whatever it is he uses) series exploring various valve cap colors and lengths, to be sure you've got it absolutely right before you take the plunge...that guy is a wizard with photo-montage!!!

Just kidding, Viper: keep 'em on if you like it. Either way the bike is very nice.

cadence90

by cadence90

C a s r a n wrote:I met the guy with this bike on training this morning... we rode aproximately 20km together. And he rode those wheels!! :shock:

That is a nice bike, and I like Passoni, but is it really a ti bike (in the context of this thread)?

And why not train on those wheels?
(Where's Samu Ilonen when we need him?) :)

ViperZ

by ViperZ

cadence90 wrote:Maybe you can commission Boonen to do a Photoshop (or whatever it is he uses) series exploring various valve cap colors and lengths, to be sure you've got it absolutely right before you take the plunge...that guy is a wizard with photo-montage!!!

Just kidding, Viper: keep 'em on if you like it. Either way the bike is very nice.

Believe it or not it's already been done on many levels of many aspects during this build :)

NP, Thanks, if we all liked the same things, the world would be a very boring place :beerchug:

flying

by flying

ViperZ wrote:

Just completed building my Tuscany

Wow ViperZ !!
That is a beauty & has to be the best presentation photo work I have seen of a bike. Are you a professional photographer?
Congrats beautiful work

ViperZ

by ViperZ

flying wrote:Wow ViperZ !!
That is a beauty & has to be the best presentation photo work I have seen of a bike. Are you a professional photographer?
Congrats beautiful work

Thanks Flying! No I'm not a professional Photographer, just an amateur with photography as another hobby.

Thanks again, I'm not sure, but I actually think the photography comments means much more to me than the bike build... :beerchug:

Lemondpoprad

by Lemondpoprad

ok here is mine
Attachments
index.jpg

cadence90

by cadence90

ViperZ wrote:....I'm not sure, but I actually think the photography comments means much more to me than the bike build... :beerchug:

No. They are equal. And equally appreciated by the folks here, obviously.
The care you have taken in both endeavors is impressive.

ViperZ

by ViperZ

cadence90 wrote:No. They are equal. And equally appreciated by the folks here, obviously.
The care you have taken in both endeavors is impressive.

Thanks Cadence90, Thats very kind and those words mean a lot to me :thanx:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com