Upgrading Campy 10-spd to 11-spd

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Not really complex in the 10-speed world. Pretty much every 10-speed Campy part is compatible.

The last 10-speed Chorus was 2008. That was the old "g spring" design which does go off with use, but is rebuildable with new springs and carrier if shifting gets sloppy.

ps. the model year may not be determined by the year you bought the part off eBay :roll:
Last edited by bikerjulio on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

It seems like Campy and Shimano are all just as complex these days. As tolerances have gotten tighter with 11 speed, both makers require you to match shifters with derailleurs for optimum performance. Of course, people have found many not recommended combinations that work just fine.

2lo8

by 2lo8

You've always had to match shifters with derailers for indexing due to cable pull and actuation ratio. Shimano's change in actuation ratio has more to do with the hidden cables than anything else, as 5700/6700/7900 were known for subpar shift feel. The new Tiagra 10s uses the new actuation ratio (although the new 9s Sora appears to use the traditional one, probably for legacy support). SRAM didn't change from 10 to 11. As far as I can tell, for Campy, there was pre-ergo, 8/9 ergo, 9/10 ergo, and 10/11 ergo. Campy has always loved making proprietary things, especially since they don't do nearly as much OEM as Shimano, it's harder to get people to buy a full groupset if they could just buy shifters (or even worse, just indexing rings), chain and cassette.
[14lb(6.35kg) of no carbon fiber]
[2lo8.wordpress.com]
Your one-stop source for information and reviews on cheap eBay bike junk.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I stick to advise on Campy because that's what I know a bit about. If you really don't know much about something then .................
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM