Powermeter Help - P2M Force vs Dzero Red vs InPower

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Dear all,

I'm in a utter quandary over purchasing my first power meter. I have a couple of bikes with different standards (BB30 with SiSL2/ BB86 with SRAM Force Crank/ Threaded with Rotor 3D+.

As a general compromise I was looking at either upgrading my Force Crank with a P2M, or buying a new Quarq DZero Crankset... or I go down the 'it fits in everything but only measures one leg' route with the InPower...

The main question I have at this point is whether a Quarq DZero Red crankset would be demonstrably better than a Force Crankset with P2M spider. Would the Red crankset be stiffer at all?

An upgrade to my 3D+ with InPower would be the easiest option, but the internets say it is an inferior option to Quarq, P2M, etc....

Any advice at all....?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hmai18

by hmai18

So why not just get the P2M Rotor 3D+ spider, which is compatible with both BB30, BB86, and 68mm threaded BSA with the appropriate BB?

jeffy

by jeffy

P2M Rotor 3D+ will only fit with some (of dubious reputation) 30mm BB86 bearings.

The weight difference between converting your force->p2max and the rotor3D24P2M is negligible.

I would vote ForceP2M. p2m is great whatever crank you choose.

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

To clarify... You are saying the quarq red crank would be no better than a force p2max?

Thanks!

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

jeffy

by jeffy

no i mean Force P2Max VS Rotor24P3Max
... my calculation might be off but based on mine (Rotor24) the Force would be very close in terms of weight.

Considering you already have a Force crank, fitting a P2M is *almost* a no brainer.

The new Quarq might be better that the old Quarq, but "issues" are fairly commonly reported online.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

So three bikes and they all need power.
2 are 30mm, 1 is 24mm.
And you don't want to go crankarm or pedal?
The crankset takes 20 minutes to swap out, but don't think you'll be swapping spiders all that often. The lockrings aren't made for that frequent of changes.

I'd change the BB86 to BB30 and pick your favorite crankset.

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Yeah it's abit of a toss up between the quarq and p2m spider to upgrade my force chainset right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffy

by jeffy

buy an old S-type p2max spider. great price

jlok

by jlok

SRAM Red DZero GXP fits in virtually everything with the proper BB or adaptors.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Thanks everyone - I'm going for a Red DZero GXP!

:-D

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Aaaaaaand now I'm weighing up chainring options. Looking at non-sram options, does anyone know if the OctaRamp MC or CT2s play well with SRAM Red 22 cranks?

Cheers

anlimdy22

by anlimdy22

MikeyBE wrote:Aaaaaaand now I'm weighing up chainring options. Looking at non-sram options, does anyone know if the OctaRamp MC or CT2s play well with SRAM Red 22 cranks?

Cheers

I'm using it but since red22 got hidden bolt on the crank arm, the drop chain pin not alight with the arm.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

[/quote]
I'm using it but since red22 got hidden bolt on the crank arm, the drop chain pin not alight with the arm.

[/quote]

Hi there, which chainrings? Does it mater they are not aligned, and how are they performing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevec1975

by stevec1975

I have CT2 on my Sram Red Quarq, work perfectly, just moved to fibre lytes with eTap, which are not quite as good.

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

stevec1975 wrote:I have CT2 on my Sram Red Quarq, work perfectly, just moved to fibre lytes with eTap, which are not quite as good.

Cheers - and they look damn good on your Scott.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com