In loving memory of Bill Niko(Singapore)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rohaimie

by rohaimie

Quite tragic news i got just today,Some of u guys here may have known him.Here i attach the information from another website.

Many of you will be aware and saddened that early Saturday morning Bill Niko died riding his motorcycle home. Bill was larger than life and touched all of us in a positive way whether it was being Deputy Style Man or just a genuinely good bloke. His involvement across many sports and activities means his passing will be felt by many. His energy and wisdom when it came to nutrition and physiology was always appreciated by those wanting to extract a little more from themselves.

To remember Bill and his spirit there will be a casual gathering at Brewerkz tomorrow (Tuesday) night from 6.30pm onwards. This is a gathering supported by Bill's closest friends and love ones which will include those from all the many facets of Bill's life. Those who knew Bill and would like to join in remembering Bill's spirit, in a manner which he would no doubt approve of, then please join Bill's friends at Brewerkz from 6.30pm till whenever.

Bill's Ride - This Saturday March 18th ANZA Cycling will also hold a ride to remember Bill. He would no doubt think we are all a bit soft but we will do it anyway. It will begin 5.30am at Rat corner and make it's orderly way to the Longhouse. On River Valley Rd the ride will pause for a minute's reflection at the spot where Bill came to grief and then continue on. As a proper sign of respect all riders are to wear black socks and no saddle bags.

I'm sure I represent all the cycling community when I say our thoughts are with Amy, Bill's family and those closest to him and he will be remembered as one of ANZA Cycling's finest and most stylish. I have passed on to Amy the many messages of support and sympathy which reflects the great fondness we held for our mate Billy (DSM) Niko.

Marcus Coghlan
President ANZA Cycling
italian bikes rules!

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

I'm so shocked. I'm assuming Bill and bigfellow are one and the same. I dont have words at the minute.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FelixOr

by FelixOr

LJ wrote:I'm so shocked. I'm assuming Bill and bigfellow are one and the same. I dont have words at the minute.

oh my god. i don't know what to wright right now. that is so sad.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

LJ wrote:I'm so shocked. I'm assuming Bill and bigfellow are one and the same. I dont have words at the minute.

LJ, it is the same Bill.

May he have peace.....

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

OMG! :shock:

May he rest in peace.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Boonen

by Boonen

that's a shock to hear... Very sad.
My thoughts are with his familie and friends.

Bikes4fun

by Bikes4fun

This comes as a big shock. He was a great pal and he shared his biking knowledge freely. May he rest in peace.
Road bike Scott CR1 6.0kg
TT bike HED V04 7.84kg
Hardtail Ti 8.84kg

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

Rest well Bill.

You were a friend to many on this site. It only seems like two minutes ago when you pm'ed me, excited about the signed armwarmer...

We never met but you were a true gentleman and often put others before yourself. I will miss your contributions to weenies enormously although we didnt always see eye to eye on my wavy forks! But thats how you were. Told it as you saw it.

My sincerest condolences to Bill's family.
Attachments
Erik 022.jpg

Dalai

by Dalai

I am stunned!! Bill was to make one of his flying visits back to Australia for a week later this month and we had planned to catch up!

I had the pleasure and good fortune to meet and ride with Bigfellow. Though my words wont express adequately, he truely was one of the kind and generous souls who went out of his way to help others.

My sincerest condolences to his loved ones, family and friends.

You will be missed mate!

rohaimie

by rohaimie

Bill is a very friendly guy,rode with him once on saturday morning ride with his team few weeks back and I still keep all his private messages till now.May u rest in peace my friend. :(

Roy-CR1 bike
italian bikes rules!

Boonen

by Boonen

I agree with Lee, still don't really know what to say. Bill's contribution to this forum will be missed by me and I'm sure by many. Thanks for making this a sticky!

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Very sad to hear that one of our ww members passed.....Wish his family well.

jozuph

by jozuph

Very bad, rest in peace Bill..hope you cycle on,
J,

acg

by acg

Lee and I have just been on the phone about this
I am stunned and saddened at this tragic news

Though we never met, I sent Bill loads of emails
I used to live in Singapore and was keen to ask him what it was like there now
He was always good humoured and witty in his emails and seemed to love life

My sincere condolences to all his family

Bill - you will be missed my friend

Herbert

by Herbert

Very, very sad indeed. He and his family are in my thoughts.

Herbert

Litespeed

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com