Becoming an Old Man : Evo sub 6kg build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Well, I'm not a watt monster but I know which setup felt more solid. Speaking of Campione, I have a set of those on another bike. Beautiful bars, and yes it's too bad they are not around anymore. Heavy, for carbon, but not flexy like the Rotundo Ltd.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Rotundos ain't flexy according to actual jig tests. Even FWB's tests only deviate ~2mm, which would be almost indiscernible to riders unless they were stopped and wrenching them on purpose. Still, the energy is stored and not dissipated, so it's not like efficiency is lost nor handling influenced.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

prebsy

by prebsy

Well I'm super impatient and wanted to ride my evo now so after digging through the junk drawers in my garage....well 6.99kg and $0 spent beyond the frameset. I've had the "hi maude!" out for 100 miles over the past two days and it's been great. I'll still be pushing towards the previously specified build but might keep the hammered 10speed force if my roommate doesn't feel like charging me for it. Some of the lowlights of the current build:
saddle and seatpost- 536g
Bar- 330g

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Last edited by prebsy on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Love that colour scheme. What I've found with my own himod, which I treated like jewelry initially, is that it needs to be hammered to get the best from it. The handling and geometry are well enough sorted that you'd really need to deliberately get yourself into trouble to fox it. In that respect, there's not one thing wrong with your component choice. Ride the wheels clean off her, as they say round here. It's not a bike to nurse or cosset.

prebsy

by prebsy

Front end clean up time. Swapping from my deda pista to an uno7 and cleaning up the spacer situation.

prebsy

by prebsy

Scored a used bb30 exogram for $110 and a new set of red22 shifters for $220 this weekend........I love poorly timed ebay auctions :)

Imminent changes (parts ordered):
300g ==> power2max and adapters for exogram with crap compact rings
0g ==> force 10s shifters (no hoods) for red22 shifters
100g ==> 10s ultegra 6700 11-28 cassette for 11s DA9000 11-25 cassette
200g ==> 330g Steel pipe seatpost for trimmed hylix post (projecting 130g)
120g ==> 235g Schwalbe pro one tires for diamante III light tires (170g each but I'm assuming 175g real weight)

This should bring the current weight of 6.94 down to 6.22. I tried to use realistic estimates rather than manf. weights.

I'm waiting to sell a few things before I order the kcnc cb9s, saevid alien saddle and bor 50T chainring from R2 bikes. Those changes should get me another 220g.

glepore

by glepore

Nice build. I'm eyeing a C40 at the moment, but for actual training/fast groups like my old 2012 HiMod so much I'm hesitant. A younger me would just do N+1, but eyeing downsizing the homestead has me thinking.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

prebsy

by prebsy

Yeah I've had a rough year of N+1, well N+3. This bike is as close as I've come to an N-1 bike only issue being the tire clearance.

prebsy

by prebsy

I few packages showed up today. 4 Diamante pro light III tires all under 170g. I grabbed the lightest two and left the heavy ones for my roommate. Yes I know these tires are basically tissue paper but at $17 each who gives a damn. New red22 shifters also weighed exactly as much as the old force 10s (no hoods).
Swap:
454g Schwalbe pro 1 >>> 330g Diamante
282g force 10s >>> 282g red22

nvroadie

by nvroadie

So you're the lucky bastard who sniped those cranks...

KWalker

by KWalker

Just wondering- if this is spost to be more of an all around build with comfort in mind, why select tires that are less "smooth" riding and not use shifter hoods?
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

prebsy

by prebsy

The tires ride plenty nice they just don't last long. The old shifters I had on there were free and didn't have hoods left so yeah no hoods, new shifters have hoods.

KWalker

by KWalker

Biketiresdirect has GP4k for $35 head's up if ya like those!

Just wondered actually if you had a latex allergy like Mollema with the hood thing. Always loved that frame's color and it was prob my favorite looking of all of my Cannondales mayyyyybe aside from my Black Inc, but the green gives it the edge. The KCNC green ano matched perfectly.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

prebsy

by prebsy

358g, NOICE

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

You get the new goods on this, yet?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓