American Classic 420 Aero 3 + Michelin Power Competiton

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PFCJ

by PFCJ

Hi,

I've bought this wheels and decide for a pair of Michelin Power Competition 25.

As the wheels are tubeless, and on MTB i use normal folding tyres with tubeless, i've tried the same thing with this set of wheels and tyres.

I think i've use far more sealant liquid than supposed, but the rear wheel almost don't loose any air for 1 day.

The front wheel is by now my huge problem because the tyre as very small punctures on the sides and the liquid (Stans) is not sealing them.

So i'm here to ask your oppinion if i should sell the tyres and buy a tubeless decent ones (wich ones) or if i should go and keep going with this ones.

I've went for a ride on Sunday, about 3 and half hours, and everything went ok.

regards

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shimmeD

by shimmeD

I think by now you must have gathered that you've answered your own questions. You bought non-tubeless tyres without full expectation that they will work. You got 50% success rate (one holds air one doesn't). A reminder for you: road tyres are pumped up quite a bit higher than mtb.
Less is more.

Marin

by Marin

Even if they seal up eventually - don't ride them. They'll blow off, hopefully when the bike is just standing there, and you'll have a total mess or an unwelcome stop.

PFCJ

by PFCJ

Well yes i've got the answer to my questions...

I've ride in the weekend for about 4h and both tires lost half the air. So i decided that it's not safe to ride with them this way.

I'm going to put two air chambers on them and when they are worned out i'll change them for a tubeless tyres.

I really enjoyed this combo of wheels and tyres :)

Thanks

Marin

by Marin

Just put some latex tubes in them.