Specialized S-Works 6 road shoes size/width question and advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

novemberhotel

by novemberhotel

Hello,

I recently purchased a pair of S-Works 6 in 44.5 wide (I wear US size 11 shoes). Surprisingly, they fit extremely snug to the point that they very tight and quite uncomfortable. I'm really puzzled because I've tried Sidi Ergo 4 megas and they felt really comfortable and slightly loose.

Do you all think I should try a size 45 wide or are these Spec shoes just too narrow for me?

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sethjs

by sethjs

They're pretty rough on wide feet. Especially at the ankle. Search for past thread on the subject

TwinSpokes21

by TwinSpokes21

Where specifically are they snug? The heel retention on the 6's were significantly changed from the previous models and are definitely more snug around the ankle area...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TacoShoppe

by TacoShoppe

I've tried both the sidi ergo 4 mega and now own the sworks 6 in wide. Same size for both(40 wide) If you are having issues at the ankles it does soften over time. But since it's not adjustable like the ergo, your cleat horizontal placement must be spot on or the shoe causes a lot of pain. The toe box on the sworks is much wider. Although for me it is still not quite wide enough after a long day.

novemberhotel

by novemberhotel

It's very tight in the toebox and the front 2/3 of my feet. At first I thought they'd sent me the wrong size but I checked both shoes and they're labeled 44.5 wide.

TwinSpokes21 wrote:Where specifically are they snug? The heel retention on the 6's were significantly changed from the previous models and are definitely more snug around the ankle area...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZR3

by AZR3

I wore a 44 specialized Expert shoe for 4 years and it was a great fit from day one so when they finally died (BOA completely separated from the shoe) I went for the S Works 6 in the same size and it was a totally different shoe! I think I managed a painful 30mi on my first ride and maybe 20 on my second before I came home cause my feet were killing me. I did some googling and found specialized had redesigned their shoes and people that had replaced their older shoes weren't able to get then new ones to fit like their old shoes. I was in the same boat, tried a couple and even the wide wasn't any different for my feet. In the end I opted for the Giro Empire SLX, while not as comfortable out of the box as my previous experts they are loads better than the S Works 6 for my feet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spg993tt

by spg993tt

Evening.

funny you should mention that as i had the exact opposite. i bought some lake 44.5 of the CX332. they were too wide. i just had to sell them on ebay and lost a few bucks. just the smidge too wide and big.
i have a set of the 2015/16 sworks 44.5 wides iwth the soft leathery material very soft, bigger.
i have them on ebay. ifyo uwanted to trade, id trade for your 2016 swork 6s. those 44.5s are for sure smaller than the older ones. adn the older ones are that bit too big. ive only used them iside, never been outside. they are fine inside since it never gets warm and my feet dont swell. anyway you can see them on ebay.
if you're interested in a trade or just flat selling your swork 6s let me know. PM me and ill send you my phone/email. but i would not messa bout . if you want more volume, try BONT as well. i have a bont 45 and they are really great on warm days but again, you maybe have to go another 1/2 dize up since you're likely 1/2 size larger than me. dont give up, but dont accept achy pain. nothing sucks worse than pain in your feet when riding robs you of the joy of riding and robs you of power.