Anyone know what wheels Sven Nys is using?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Was checking out the fotos section on www.svennys.com and looking at the Hoogstraten pics and I was wondering what wheels, or rims in particular, Sven was using. For a time there he was using the deep shimano carbon wheels as per sponsor dictates, but it now looks like he has reverted to a custom spec.

They look like dace 7800 hubs but I wonder what the rims are. They are a sweet looking set.

Any ideas?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

madhatter

by madhatter

Corima aero perhaps..? I know that sapim uses those in their custom built wheels. What other candidates are there. Let`s see...zipp, reynolds...

Tube

by Tube

Fir Antarra maybe??? An old sponsor of Rabobank. A few months ago I was in the new stock of Rabobank and there where a few sets of Antarra's left. Also a Fir Flay front wheel with Dura ace hub.

Robbb

by Robbb

Tube wrote:Fir Antarra maybe??? An old sponsor of Rabobank. A few months ago I was in the new stock of Rabobank and there where a few sets of Antarra's left. Also a Fir Flay front wheel with Dura ace hub.

Your first opinion was good. They are fir antarras whitout stickers.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

they still use these wheels because they don't have enough dura ace carbon wheels(enough would be around 15 to 20 sets per rider...).

breeze

by breeze

simon wrote:they still use these wheels because they don't have enough dura ace carbon wheels(enough would be around 15 to 20 sets per rider...).

Why? Are they so bad for rough cross use?
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Boogie

by Boogie

No, it's not about thw quality. But that needs so many wheels becauce they have serveral types of tubulars. For dry mud snow etc.. and several types of width.. 30mm 32mm and 34mm so you need many wheels;)