2017 PINARELLO F10

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fa63

by fa63

Why would they though? I don't think they are hurting for sales so people must already feel that the price is justified, and bringing production to Italy would only reduce their margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

fa63 wrote:Why would they though? I don't think they are hurting for sales so people must already feel that the price is justified, and bringing production to Italy would only reduce their margin.

Trek makes their top of the line in the USA. I believe Cervelo does the same as well as Colnago. The F10 only represents a portion of their sales. In m opinion it might result in higher sales and would add to their image as an Italian bicycle company, an image they don't have with all bike customers. On their top of the line product the margins can support it, on a lower end bike maybe not.

Colnago dropped threaded bottom brackets on the C-60. Producing in Italy along with the threaded bb could steal sales from Colnago.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

Pinarello's misrepresentation of product origin bothers me. While some folks will care, I am sure the majority of buyers understand that most manufacturers produce in the Far East to remain competitive. Pinarello is seeking to justify their inflated prices by adding the sticker.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

fromtrektocolnago wrote: The F10 only represents a portion of their sales. In m opinion it might result in higher sales and would add to their image as an Italian bicycle company, an image they don't have with all bike customers. On their top of the line product the margins can support it, on a lower end bike maybe not.

In what I've seen in the whole SE Asian region, the Dogma represents a significant portion of their overall sales. More like they sell more of these than the rest of their entire range combined! It will be severely impacting on their overall profitability if production was done in Italy or even anywhere in Western Europe for that matter.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

^ most people I see ride only top end Pinarello. And they certainly don't bother about their origin, the sound of the brand name rolling off their tongue is enough to make them orgasmic.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

No real opinion on the patent enforcement side of things, as it mostly seems like a minefield of issues and what ifs, but I've been riding a Velocite Syn for almost a year now. Seriously nice bit of kit.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Kayrehn wrote:^ most people I see ride only top end Pinarello. And they certainly don't bother about their origin, the sound of the brand name rolling off their tongue is enough to make them orgasmic.

Try say it out loud. It does sound good. Best name in the business :D

ichobi

by ichobi

The vast majority of Pinarellos sold are their top end models. Always been like that. Very few buy Rhaza (their lower end model) to get the bragging rights. They pay for a Dogma.

wingguy

by wingguy

fromtrektocolnago wrote:Trek makes their top of the line in the USA. I believe Cervelo does the same as well as Colnago. The F10 only represents a portion of their sales.

I think the Dogma represents a pretty big portion of their sales! Probably more so than with any other bike brand and their top level frame/bike.

At the Birmingham bike show Pinarello had a huge stand and they'd bought 20 or 30 Dogmas in every colour and every build, a couple of Bolides and Gans and that was it. Then next to them they had the Bike Rooms stand where they'd done exactly the same thing all over again.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Why does the new F10 not have direct mount brakes, or a direct mount rear mech hanger? The downtube junction box shows that it is designed to take Shimano Di2... That is pretty annoying.

gregalfa

by gregalfa

I am getting 470 tomorrow in Black Lava for the first shipment. This color is available first. Frame set starts to distribute in Late April-May.
Wiggin color will only comes with eTap as a complete bike and there is a plastic to cover di2 pad, you can have a little art work there.
The Great CarboniO

fogman

by fogman

I am not crazy about the tiny diamond galaxy pattern on the head tube and fork. I would probably order one "My Way" where that can be deleted.

It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

qhrjtm1041

by qhrjtm1041

Looks like an incremental improvement on an already good frame. Nice timing though, beat the rest of the brands getting the hype out early in the year. I hope the price doesnt go up. F8 is a good frame but theres nothing you will miss out if you get a top end canyon instead. Unless of course you want a Pinarello and like their design.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

fogman wrote:I am not crazy about the tiny diamond galaxy pattern on the head tube and fork. I would probably order one "My Way" where that can be deleted.

Totally with you on this. It looks cheap!

I also wonder why F10 didn't come with direct mount and as through axles disc brake version.

Don't know if F10 accept 28mm tires, but it should.

When i spoke to the dealer who sold me my UP, they claimed Pinarello is a mass sales brand for them.

You guys who gets offended by the label saying Made in Italy,.. well, it's in order in EU.

As a product can be ordered from China and you just put a sticker on it it is OK by law in the whole of EU.

The last country that makes any kind of work on the product bears this right.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

fogman wrote:I am not crazy about the tiny diamond galaxy pattern on the head tube and fork. I would probably order one "My Way" where that can be deleted.

Louis Vitton probably told them that posh people like this repeating pattern, based on the handbags they sell.