Wilier Cento1SR - Opinions?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wingguy

by wingguy

stormur wrote:Simple question : DO YOU HAVE WILIER ? Or you just trolling ?

1st: Measurements don't lie. bb386 is 86.5 / 46 , Wilier 101SR is not. Thats why they supply own cups . That's why when installed Campagnolo UT cups even 3 weavy washers couldn't take of the slack .

I have owned a Wilier 386evo bike and run it with a UT crankset with no issues or creaking. Cups? Well duh, of course they come with cups. How else would you fit a UT or Shimano chainset into a 386 frame? Would you rather they weren't supplied and you have to go and source them yourself?

And claiming they designed a frame that can't take electronic routing or 11sp gears, well... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

I can provide you with serial numbers of 101SR frames which doesn't work with di2. Naturally you can discuss with facts, your right.

You can't source them yourself(BB) , because they do not fit ( again frames I had ) - shell do not comply fit 386 standard.

make an experiment : install CAMPAGNOLO cups to your frame, then crank. And write here how much play of crank you have cause washer can not take slack off. Even two. Three as well... Shel is 1.2mm narrower than 386 says it should be. That's reason of own cups. "integration".

Surprisingly, almost ALL other manufacturers use 3rd party bbrackets isn't it ? ( look & ZED is exception, but it won't count; own crank ).

Imagine that you can use all -except bb30 and ZED- cranks on Bb386. You can even buy bottom bracket cups/ bearings for that purpose ;) may be hard to believe for you, but it's worth to check :mrgreen:
I did it many times, on BH for example.

Or maybe you had "old" Wilier with integrated Campa cups ? Then you have completely no idea what is about here ... I am talking about NEW WILIER 386. And a sis written on frame , it is NOT BB386 EVO, it's "Wilier bb386" , it makes a difference.

Anyway, no point for me in further discussion about it. OP asked for owners opinions , he has mine already. Rest is just waisting time 4me.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

wingguy

by wingguy

stormur wrote:I can provide you with serial numbers of 101SR frames which doesn't work with di2. Naturally you can discuss with facts, your right.

Why? What am I going to do with them? How does it help prove those frames aren't DI2 compatible? You haven't even said what it was you think made them incompatible.

make an experiment : install CAMPAGNOLO cups to your frame, then crank.

Why would I do that? I already had perfectly good cups with the frame - and they worked perfectly well. No play.

Imagine that you can use all -except bb30 and ZED- cranks on Bb386. You can even buy bottom bracket cups/ bearings for that purpose ;) may be hard to believe for you

Why would that be hard to believe? You think you're telling me something I don't know? Why are you even talking about this?

Or maybe you had "old" Wilier with integrated Campa cups ? Then you have completely no idea what is about here ... I am talking about NEW WILIER 386. And a sis written on frame , it is NOT BB386 EVO, it's "Wilier bb386" , it makes a difference.

Why would you think I had an "old" Wilier? I already told you otherwise. I'm guessing the attention to detail you put into building your bikes is the same attention to detail you put into reading. Would explain why you have so many problems! And again, Wilier BB386 is BB386Evo. Wilier were partners in designing 386Evo and were the first company to have a bike that used it. It's the same thing.

OP asked for owners opinions , he has mine already.

Yep, he has the opinion of a guy who thinks Wilier made a bike where the BB doesn't work with any cranks, the hanger doesn't work with any derailleurs and the frame doesn't work with electronic gears. And we're supposed to believe that this is because of bad design by Wilier, not bad mechanicing by a random internet idiot :lol:

stormur

by stormur

Obvoiusly your intelligence is parking on place for challenged ( you behave ike you didn't understood a single word from my previous posts, so blame yourself for my impression ) ; so last time, simple words, no logic required, nor thinking- maybe you'll get it (?) : or you you act like dumb intentionally , or trolling. So I'll feed the troll one time only.

If you have Wilier : IMAGE. Otherwise you're ... yes : liar.

2013-2015 model Wilier Cento Uno SR (which I had) has UNIQUE bottom bracket designed for WILIER CUPS ONLY ( not integrated Campa cups+ bearings for HT2 like OLD Wiliers, NOT BB86 like newest ones ) . Standard cups are INCOMPATIBLE with it ( shell is narrower by 1.2mm ) , so it's not BB386Evo, it's Wiliers variation of it ( to narrow shell( width ) to wide shell (ID ).

Those WILIER cups on all 101 SR frames I had has been SLIP IN instead of PRESS FIT, as it should be. To wide shell even for their standard. Cups are from delrin, so try to "glue" delrin. Good luck. Delrin is designed to be PRESSED in ( vide bb86 ) . On ALL frames same issue.

ON ALL frames of 101SR I had, installed Di2 RD adjusted all steps outward and WITHOUT HIGH LIMIT SCREW was unable to shift to smallest cog. jockey wheel was placed under 2nd smallest cog and not even 1 mm further outward. 10 spd instead of 11... Same Di2 worked flawlessly on 2 other frames, incl 1 Wilier.

On one of them Ritchey topper didn't fit to seatmast : seatmast was wider/ thicker than it should be on all length( 0.9mm difference on 2.1mm wall thickness ) : assembly of seatmast was impossible.

ALL THOSE ISSUES APPLY TO FRAMES WHICH I HAD ONLY . NOT TO OTHERS, NOT TO OLDER NOR CURRENT MODELS. AND NOT TO COLNAGO ( got it finally ??? )

MY OTHER 2 WILIERS DO NOT HAVE ANY ISSUES, ARE SIMPLY FABULOUS. AGAIN : MY COMPLAIN APPLIES FOR ONLY 101SR WHICH I HAD . Anyway , to much issues for 2600€ frame and such reputable manufacturer. ( and don't even try to think that anyone with IQ higher than tomato would believe that I "hit" few times faulty frame... and all the rest are perfectly fine ... sure :mrgreen: )

Overall big disappointment on Wilier nr3 of mine...

This leads me to simple conclusion : considering it's serial prodcuction, and frames I had has serial numbers far from each other says to me it's design issue ( Di2 ) and QC issue ( BB+ topper ) . Knowing that even UHC team had Di2 on TT bikes ONLY, not on 101SR road ( same model as mine ) , says to me it could be ( ok, i'm sure it is ) same issue( di2 incompatibility )- or someone can deeply believe that UHC haven't enough €/$ to have Di2 everywhere :D .

That what you wrote, you wrote about YOUR ( mystic) frame and "knowledge" from the net ( bb386 design process ) . I wrote about MY EXPERIENCE and TAKEN MESUREMENTS with several frames of same model from same manufacturer.

/ Bianchi & BH BB386evo is REAL BB386 Evo btw / .

Believe or not / IDGAS / I have Wilier with BB386 logo on DT and BSA bottom bracket. Frame from authorised dealer, registered at Wiier for extended warranty ( legit- no doutbs ) . So don't trust every marketing crap which Wilier "sells" you... . Oficially and in all catalogs it's.. BB386 ( their naturally ) - again, I can only suspect why they did it, no proof, so I'll be quiet.

Last thing : on those frames other RD worked, however were at or almost at the end of the "high limit" ( even record which has widest range between limits from all systems ) .

BTW , I'll be VERY gratefull if someone could prove I'm totally wrong or got so much luck that get the "only di2 incompatible " frames in the Wilier whole history, and show me image ( link ) with 101SR 2013-2015 ( integrated seatmast , model used by UHC in white paint scheme) with Shimano Di2 ( some team bike, "on the road" image - anything indicating it works - in shop images I have no trust recently . On PM please ( just in case ) , for me it's EOT. NFA.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

wingguy

by wingguy

stormur wrote:If you have Wilier : IMAGE. Otherwise you're ... yes : liar.

Wow, you got me. No, I didn't have a "Wilier : IMAGE." Never even heard of it. My bad. :oops:

[b]2013-2015 model Wilier Cento Uno SR (which I had) has UNIQUE bottom bracket designed for WILIER CUPS ONLY ( not integrated Campa cups+ bearings for HT2 like OLD Wiliers,

What are you calling an 'OLD' Wilier? I'm assuming you mean pre-386Evo. If so, why are you talking about it? if not, and you have some much more specific meaning of 'OLD' then what is it? I'm not a psychic. :roll:

NOT BB86 like newest ones ) .

Yeah. So? Why are you even bringing this into the conversation? It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Are you arguing with me or with the voices in your head? :noidea:

On one of them Ritchey topper didn't fit to seatmast : seatmast was wider/ thicker than it should be on all length( 0.9mm difference on 2.1mm wall thickness ) : assembly of seatmast was impossible.

That I can believe. Their quality control isn't the best. Not the worst, but stuff does slip through.

AND NOT TO COLNAGO ( got it finally ??? )

Finally? I didn't even notice that you'd mentioned Colnago. Why are you talking about them?

( and don't even try to think that anyone with IQ higher than tomato would believe that I "hit" few times faulty frame... and all the rest are perfectly fine ... sure )

No, I think anyone with an above room temperature IQ would believe that those few frames hit a faulty owner. :lol:

irishdb

by irishdb

Any update OP? Did you end up buying one? I own a Cento1 SR. Love it!

Attachments
Cento 1SR pic.jpg

r_mutt

by r_mutt

irishdb wrote:Any update OP? Did you end up buying one? I own a Cento1 SR. Love it!

i did. i bought one and at the last second i bought a larger size to have a taller head tube. mistake! it's too big! i sold it and took a little hit on the $$$. presently looking at maybe getting a Cento10Air- maybe in Ramato!!!