Hard to find structured training plans compared to running?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Shrike

by Shrike

When I was running it was super easy to find training routines at all levels, but finding that with cycling it's really locked down. Loads of blogs and articles about it, but to see an actual 3/4 month routine laid out is quite rare. Is that because it's a big money spinner still in cycling (whereas with running the cat's out the bag so to speak)?

jmaccyd

by jmaccyd

Training peaks software has a store of training plans that just about covers every cycling eventuality. I am also on Trainerorad, the turbo trainer software, and they also have a set of structured plans. I have found both have been really useful.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

Cheers will take a look!

by 11.4

In both cycling and running, training programs need to be individualized to be of the most use. Running training has sold its soul to make big money with the mass market. Cycling isn't there yet. And because one can not only measure speed but also watts, there are more tools available to assess real improvement. Cycling training can be quite quantitative so BS training programs quickly get outed.

Multebear

by Multebear

11.4 wrote:In both cycling and running, training programs need to be individualized to be of the most use. Running training has sold its soul to make big money with the mass market. Cycling isn't there yet. And because one can not only measure speed but also watts, there are more tools available to assess real improvement. Cycling training can be quite quantitative so BS training programs quickly get outed.

+1

There are a lot of training programs out there. But it all depends on, what you want to achieve, and when you want to get there. Besides that, there's a lot of pseudoscience out there. Best advice would be to join a Club, and follow the instructions. That's a start at least.