2004 r3000 weight reduction

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

saletel

by saletel

hi all, just signed up and was doing some calculations on my bike. well the way it will be by the end of the weekend at least. I'm going to pick up my 2004 Campagnolo Record Group tomorrow (with Carbon record cranks).

in the following excel screen capture the new stuff is on the left and the old is on the right (as it came from C-dale).

this is a great website. glad i found it

check out the rest of my webpage and galleries.

http://www.mp4runner.com/gallery/04-Cannondale-R3000

saletel

by saletel

well its all built up. unfortunantly i forgot my pedals at school.

the cranks are very nicely made. but then the only other carbon cranks ive seen to compare them to were some profiles. shifts beautifuly, and looks dead sexy too 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

gorgeous bike! Welcome to the CAAD 7 club. At this point I think that only myself and Superlite (maybe a few others, forgive me for being so rash) are members. Good work my friend!

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Not so fast Dan!You're not alone in the CAAD 7 club,here's my machine,it weighs just under 15lb at the moment,but I have some lighter forks and a set of CR350's in the pipeline.
Attachments
IMG_2286.JPG
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

Superlite

by Superlite

saletel, is your frame a 2004? It's weird, a friend of mine has an R3000 in the blue tint, but it's much darker, almost royal blue.

Also just wondering, did you buy the R3000 new? Or did you get just frameset?

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Sorry CAADhead, I knew that there were other C'dale owners, I thought for some reason you had a CAAD 6. What lighter forks are you getting? I want to get a lighter fork too, and I was thinking about either a true temper sub 3 or an easton SLX (storks too hard to get in my neck of the woods)

Superlite

by Superlite

The new SLX is sweet! I weighed one at 298g uncut! Plus it doesn;t require a special compressor cap, so you save much more weight over the sub 3, theirs adds 50+ grams.

Or if it's possible, contact Cannondale and see if they will sell you a new SI fork, just say it's to replace a damaged one. The two I've weighed were 310g and 312g uncut, and they use a standard star nut! So the total weight is around 320g, starnut, cap, and bolt!

Just my 2 cents.

saletel

by saletel

its a 2004. i bought it less then a month ago. took the ksyriums off of it. put on my coda brandeed hugi 240 hubset (now with campy freehub) with redlabel mavic gp4 28 hole with revolution spokes 2x. took the 10 speed dura ace off and hawked it on ebay. then ordered up the campy 10 speed was originally set on the k-force crankset (they were in the 2004 issue of QBP) so i thought they were availible. but they're not so i went with the full campy with the carbon cranks. i must say that they are very stiff for a square taper bb. i went up a small hill in the big ring and i think a 14 in the rear and they didnt seem to flex. maybe its just the thinking that i have the nicest stuff on there. it deffinately is nicer then the 10 speed dura ace i took off.

also the blue is a blue tint. its a polished aluminum frame with a blue tinted clear coat put on

Superlite

by Superlite

also the blue is a blue tint. its a polished aluminum frame with a blue tinted clear coat put on

I know, my frame is the same way, just red, and my friends is the blue tint as well, but much darker. Thats why I asked If you had a 2004. Even on the cannondale site the R3000 frameset is much darker. Looks like they didn't use enough dye on your frame.

Also, you say you have the DA 10 on ebay, is it all sold yet? You wouldn't be willing to sell me just the chain rings would you?

saletel

by saletel

sorry it already sold.

i read somewhere you race and are a college student.

if your interested in getting some parts i can order through my work and hook you up.

Superlite

by Superlite

Thanks, appreciated, but I can get the stuff to at cost. Just seeing if I could pick it up off you if you were trying to sell.

Yeah, I'm in school, my second year and racing as well for the school, and a local club. Trying to keep busy, and out of trouble. :wink:

Also, I noticed you have 1200g listed for your size 58cm, I don't think thats right. My CAAD 7 2004 optimo weighs 1247g for a 54cm. Did you actually weigh yours, or just an educated guess?

Heres my bike http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 76&start=0 , weighs 7021g as is, except the cages shown are different from what I have on there now. I love the ksyriums, but thinking of getting something else that lighter.
Last edited by Superlite on Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

saletel

by saletel

i saw a listing on here that said 12-- i was hoping for lighter :D but i realize its off alittle.

Superlite

by Superlite

You ever consider chainging out your QR's, seat post, pedals and BB? You could save 1/2lb there. Also another 1/3lb if you got some Zero G brakes.

saletel

by saletel

what bb were you thinking of? what pedals? i meant that i have x2s but the weight is listed right. thought about QR and seatpost. and the brakes are in the cards.

and how could you forget the 1/4 pound by going to campy record bottle cages?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

The AM Classis Ti BB, weighs as little as 134g.

Speedplays, switch to X/1's and get my alu inserts, 130-132g.

Get a Eatson EC 90 seatpost, mine weighs 137g cut 40mm, 152g uncut.

QR's the USE alien Ti weighs 56g.

Zero G brakes 187g.

Campy Record cages 20g x 2 (how could I forget!)

So thats around 460g! A cool pound off your bike.

[/img]