Caad vs Sprint X2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

I just bought a new Caad 12 and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I went to the LBS today and saw the new Sprint X2 lineup. Man, Looks tempting. For a straight crit bike it looks hard to beat. This coming from a total cannondale shill. Aero road frame with a bottom bracket they claim is as stiff as the Venge. The entry level bike is 1700. They didnt have the info on the frameset yet. I would assume its in the 1000 range though. I may buy one out of curiosity. May give the Caad a run for its money this year.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Im hangging for an excuse to turn my SL4 into a Sprint X2 as it usually only travels 120km tops in a "long ride" to go out to racing and back. Other than that it lives on the kickr
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

I think they may have a homerun with this bike for crits. Seems like Cannondale is taking the Caad in a different direction and Specialized is focusing on that sector of the market with the X2. I am stoked they added low tier builds. Last years model was $4k and sold out very quick. I guess they were testing the market? Anyway. I really like the concept and design of this bike. Hits all my marks in what I am looking for. May go down and order one today :) we'll see..

jonloh

by jonloh

Hapsmo911 - are you referring to the Specialized Edition Sprint X2 (green fork and polished frame)? That bike looks sick.
Are you in the US? Heard that bike is sold out everywhere; surprised you managed to see one.
I have a Caad10 and love it, but as you said, for a crit bike the X2 should be better than the Caad.

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

jonloh wrote:Hapsmo911 - are you referring to the Specialized Edition Sprint X2 (green fork and polished frame)? That bike looks sick.
Are you in the US? Heard that bike is sold out everywhere; surprised you managed to see one.
I have a Caad10 and love it, but as you said, for a crit bike the X2 should be better than the Caad.

I am in the US. And yes the X2 sprint. The dealers have the pictures on their order/inventory screens. They show the 2017's available to order. I was told I could have one in seven days. They have three versions based on spec. The lower tier was black with red lettering. I think the top was bright yellow/greenish? I dont recall as I was interested in the lower end since I have a groupset to put on it. They did say there would be a frameset but they didnt have prices yet.

pyrahna

by pyrahna

Take it for what it is worth....but I have a Sprint X1 and love it. Fantastic bike. I haven't tried the CAAD12 but the few people I know that have it aren't exactly jumping up and down happy with it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com