Bowties and Bolts for Speedplay Zero

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wshiong

by wshiong

Hi guys,

Can i know is nanogram bowtie compatible with standard zero ti bowtie ? From far it looks the same.. i think the screw on nanogram are shorter.
Passoni Mirror

Passoni Xxti

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

For bolts, these are 1 mm shorter than my stock bolts. Here's the same in red. I may give them a try. For the ten-pack, shipping's around $1/gram.

styrrell

by styrrell

Isn't a mm short, too short for this application? Seems like you are using a much weaker bolt that stock, then giving up a decent amount of the threads that normally would be used.

djconnel

by djconnel

Thanks. Since my after-market bowties are Al, I figured screws should be okay w/ Loctite. But I'll see.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Let us know how you get on with the those alu bolts. I found the ti ones either allen or torx from jersey/toronto round out quite easily which is a bit of a pain. Did you manage to re-source alu bowties in the end? Were they for Z or X series?
Last edited by dereksmalls on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mattias Hellöre
in the industry

by Mattias Hellöre

I will produce a batch of those alu bowties soon. Let me know if interested.
Experimental Prototype

aarw

by aarw

Can someone tell me if the bowties for the X series are compatible with the Zero pedals? Thanks.

RyanH

by RyanH

Reviving an old thread.

How long do the Aluminum and Ti bowties last? When they fail, how do they fail? E.g. do the aluminum ones suddenly begin to unclip or do they develop a rock that is noticeable and can be remedied by replacing at the appropriate time?

kode54

by kode54

RyanH...

i have Ti bowties on my SPs. they haven't failed but after 2,500 miles on them, they show some wear on the portion where the metal bolt comes in contact with the bowtie. nothing that is really worn, just some back and forth scratches on the Ti bowtie.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

RyanH

by RyanH

I just came across these, which might be suitable if you're conscientious enough to always clip in on the right side. Can the carbon plate handle the load of the bolts sufficiently without cracking? I feel like this idea would be more practical if you just cut off most of one side's Ti plate. That way you couldn't accidentally clip in on the wrong side.