Another Budget CAAD10 - now with FFWDs!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Nebby wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:5'10" and on a 50cm frame? dang!

Interestingly enough, I'm also 5'10" but on a 54cm frame with a 80mm stem after fitting. I'm still trying out the shorter stem, but I'm not particularly happy about how the bike handles steering inputs now, so much so that I'm thinking of asking the bike shop to see if they can get me a good deal on a frame swap and may end up with a small frame like incredibleting.

your bike too big bro.

unless u are king of da yoga, i wouldn't go 50cm for that height. incredible ting is just incredible on a 50 that's slammed...

im 5'7 and ride a 50cm, after riding a 52cm for a year.

incredibleting

by incredibleting

CaptainP wrote:This bike still looks stellar. Would love to see it with gumwalls again though!

I wish. Didn't want to spend $120+ per tire for the tubular version just for crits.

nathanong87 wrote:
Nebby wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:5'10" and on a 50cm frame? dang!

Interestingly enough, I'm also 5'10" but on a 54cm frame with a 80mm stem after fitting. I'm still trying out the shorter stem, but I'm not particularly happy about how the bike handles steering inputs now, so much so that I'm thinking of asking the bike shop to see if they can get me a good deal on a frame swap and may end up with a small frame like incredibleting.

your bike too big bro.

unless u are king of da yoga, i wouldn't go 50cm for that height. incredible ting is just incredible on a 50 that's slammed...

im 5'7 and ride a 50cm, after riding a 52cm for a year.

No idea who would fit someone to a larger frame with an 80mm stem...
To be fair, the TT of the 50cm is 52.5. I test rode a 52cm before I bought my caad, just decided I liked the feel of a smaller frame. I could post a pic of me riding if anyone wants.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nebby

by Nebby

They didn't fit me to the frame, it was a fitting done on a bike I already had, so I guess when I picked it up it was too large and I've just been riding a large bike. I'm giving it another week of riding before I ask for a frame swap (or maybe just sell the bike and pick up a new one...).

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Wit the new FFWD wheels the bike looks really fast! The Stronglight rings are too much for me though.

voodoojar

by voodoojar

I know it's in vogue to ride tiny frames with giant stems and setback seatposts but I find a some point the negatives outweigh the positives.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

voodoojar wrote:I know it's in vogue to ride tiny frames with giant stems and setback seatposts but I find a some point the negatives outweigh the positives.

what negatives could their possibly be to being an unpaid amateur cyclist and looking awesome?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

incredibleting wrote:I didn't really notice a difference in shifting. The CT2 shifted amazingly well already. They are stiffer though.

found out the answer to my own question. TT rings and the CT2s, the ramps and profile are identical. Just there is added material for tt ringz. =) for da stiffnezzes

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

My favorite CAAD! Love looking at it

incredibleting

by incredibleting

Thanks! I am thinking of a new carbon frame soon, perhaps a Giant TCR Advanced SL. I know two people who cracked their carbon frames (BMC, SL4) from crashing in the races over the weekend so now I am reconsidering :(

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

incredibleting wrote:Thanks! I am thinking of a new carbon frame soon, perhaps a Giant TCR Advanced SL. I know two people who cracked their carbon frames (BMC, SL4) from crashing in the races over the weekend so now I am reconsidering :(

crash money millionaires!

Nebby

by Nebby

incredibleting wrote:Thanks! I am thinking of a new carbon frame soon, perhaps a Giant TCR Advanced SL. I know two people who cracked their carbon frames (BMC, SL4) from crashing in the races over the weekend so now I am reconsidering :(

I don't race, so it's easier to just go for carbon :D On the other hand, my friends are trying to get me to enter a crit race this coming season... :|

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

Any updates on this legend?

incredibleting

by incredibleting

Parted this out and transferred to my Evo! Sold the frame to some kid who eventually ran over it with his car...what a way to go out.

rheosibal

by rheosibal

He ran OVER it? Jesus...
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Its now in my shed LOL. We were thinking about converting it to fixed.