Trek Emonda SLR Project one build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Cloudman

by Cloudman

Had the Lightweight wheels and 2013 Super Record cranks already, so decided to build up an Emonda SLR around them :) Got a great deal on the frame at Harry Hall's in Manchester UK. There were only two left in Europe in my size (56)...as luck would have it they were H1 fit with the Vapor coat :) Thanks to Andy there who managed the build.

Trek Emonda H1 56 (I'm 180cm)
Lightweight Ventoux wheels (latest version)
Deda 35 Superleggera bars (42cm)
Deda 35 120mm stem
Campagnolo Super Record groupset
Campagnolo Record direct mount calipers
Cane Creek headset

Total weight (without pedals) = 5.64kg

Last edited by Cloudman on Sun May 01, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AZR3

by AZR3

Wow, thats one of the best looking Emondas I've seen! Enjoy it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

Sweet... now go ride the crap out of it.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

How much clearance do you guys have on the SLR with the direct mount brakes, in particular the campy direct mounts? do you think there would be room for full fenders and 25mm tires under those things? Still... just wondering because I love my emonda SL and it has served me well as a fendered up road bike, but I wouldn't mind getting an H1 geometry, and the SL does not do that. However, the SL does have standard brakes with a standard bridge and mount, and makes fender mounting pretty slick... and that is the primary reason I got it. Not sure if I could get a clean fender mount on a direct mount bike, at least not like I was able to do on the SL. The H1 geometry looks awesome. The overall geometry of the Emondas is really good, they are really nice bikes.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. The finish looks great.

Cloudman

by Cloudman

Geoff wrote:Ok, that's nice. The finish looks great.

Thanks. A few more photos....you can really see the vapor coat :) I still need to cut the steerer down to rid myself of the spacers.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

never have been a big fan of the emonda-but this one is great! (colnago c60 looks imo so clumsy next to your emonda). and amazing picture quality!

Cloudman

by Cloudman

Calnago wrote:How much clearance do you guys have on the SLR with the direct mount brakes, in particular the campy direct mounts? do you think there would be room for full fenders and 25mm tires under those things? Still... just wondering because I love my emonda SL and it has served me well as a fendered up road bike, but I wouldn't mind getting an H1 geometry, and the SL does not do that. However, the SL does have standard brakes with a standard bridge and mount, and makes fender mounting pretty slick... and that is the primary reason I got it. Not sure if I could get a clean fender mount on a direct mount bike, at least not like I was able to do on the SL. The H1 geometry looks awesome. The overall geometry of the Emondas is really good, they are really nice bikes.

I doubt you would get full fenders (or mud guards to give them their proper name ;) ) running 25mm tyres.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Wow that's an excellent weight given the non-ww groupset, cockpit etc. Naked carbon look does have its appeal...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Schmittler

by Schmittler

Hot!

Cloudman

by Cloudman

Kayrehn wrote:Wow that's an excellent weight given the non-ww groupset, cockpit etc. Naked carbon look does have its appeal...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Waiting receipt of Mcfk stem and bars :)

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

These look very nice with Campag.

PSM

by PSM

Beggin' for Campy brakes... ;)

nd2rc

by nd2rc

The bike is incredible and the photos are awesome!

euph

by euph

PSM wrote:Beggin' for Campy brakes... ;)

It has Campag direct mount brakes doesn't it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com