New dura-ace R9100

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ichobi

by ichobi

That latest photo is a canyon aeroad. It looks exactly like my bike. A hydro directmount ? Who needs disbrake now. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superdx

by superdx

I would jump all over a Shimano hydro rim brake, no matter the cost. 20% gradient downhill and head-on collisions with oncoming cars is no joke!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burninglegs

by burninglegs

superdx wrote:I would jump all over a Shimano hydro rim brake, no matter the cost. 20% gradient downhill and head-on collisions with oncoming cars is no joke!

I have no problem with standard mechanical brakes. Plenty of power to lock up the wheels and if setup properly, they have lots of modulation in them.

53x12

by 53x12

ichobi wrote:That latest photo is a canyon aeroad. It looks exactly like my bike. A hydro directmount ? Who needs disbrake now. Awesome.

The rim on your wheel is basically a big disc for your brake system. Just saying.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

phlip

by phlip

wingguy wrote:
deek wrote:I wouldn't call a different color a significant change...

I wouldn't call a different colour a significant change either. Nevertheless, the crank looks significantly different.

To me the cranks' shape looks exactly like Dura Ace 9000, with only the colour being different. Where do you see differences?

wingguy

by wingguy

The crank's shape is where I see a difference.

Crankarms look way fatter, chainrings look a lot wider too.

fh8425

by fh8425

jeffy wrote:looks like long cage mech, and on disc brake bike so likely dura ace level shifters

guess someone never paid attention to the "No Photo" sign on the floor

form is nice but dislike the color ...

corky

by corky

Looks like the lines between dura ace and xtr are blurring........ Gravel bike anyone?

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

I think gravel bikes are taking off huge. Also seeing more older cyclists on the road. Seems smart that Shimano would want to tap into that and offer a group set with better support for gravel and for riders looking for a rear cog larger than 32. Also think its smart for Shimano to want to grab a larger share of the power meter market. For now the looks aren't big on me, but it usually takes a while for me to adjust to new looks. When the C-60 first came out I absolutely did not like the frame, but I'm slowly coming around.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

morrisond

by morrisond

The Crank arms look like they are built out of the same material as 9000 Lever Blades - Gloss UD Carbon.

That would be enough to get a lot of people to upgrade even if the changes in the group are minor.

Let's just hope if it is carbon they can shave some weight this time - although the Height/Thickness of those Crank arms gives me hope.

There last Carbon cranks - the Mythical 7800C's were no lighter or no stiffer than than regular 7800 cranks.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

What you see in these picts are final mockups of the product. The cranks and chainrings are almost certain to be plastic at this point in time. That's how Shimano does their presentation at Taipei, for the last 13~14 years at least.

Which also explains why there are no chains on the bikes.

The finish of eventual production articles would definitely be better, my guess is that it will look very similar to the XTR 9000.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

There supposed to be an embargo until the end of march until Shimano will release the information officially.

euan

by euan

Thats no hydraulic rim brake either, you can clearly see an inner brake cable

gravity

by gravity

I assume the powermeter is compatible with current DA crank since FDJ was sighted testing it on the current crank? Ultegra crank can be had for cheap!

beanbiken

by beanbiken

gravity wrote:I assume the powermeter is compatible with current DA crank

I certainly hope so, i'm holding out to see what they release. It's too close not to.

Steve
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com