Tune hanging scale

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

I have heard that Tune makes a hanging scale but can't seems to find anything about it - do you guys knows something? Maybe a link or a price within Europe would be cool!

Thanks!

roamer

by roamer

The tune scale are offered very often by ebay, but I didn't saw it at a local shop 'till now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

checky

by checky

you dont need the Tune scale i think.
There are much other digital hanging scales on the marked which are much cheaper and as exactely as the Tune (which is a relabeled Kern scale)
Search for fish scales or digital fish scale or somethink like that :wink:
like:
http://www.uzman-import.de/pd-269502949 ... tegoryId=7
or
http://cgi.ebay.de/CORMORAN-Digitalwaag ... dZViewItem

Frasertri

by Frasertri

Sure enuff, as checky says - there are lots of fish scales for a lot less..

Anyone on here know how (in)accurate those are?? Just wondering what $60 gets me, versus $15....

Cheers, Frasertri.

Frasertri

by Frasertri

O.K., I've ordered a "11Kg/25 Lb Digital Fishing Hanging Scale Fish Scale" for $12.95 (+$8 shipping) to check it out. I will compare it for accuracy against my pals 'Ultimate' scale - which is supposedly good to 10g accuracy.

I will report my findings shortly.....

jeremyb

by jeremyb

i ordered one of the $20 ebay digital fish scales and it was total crap. you had to turn it on, then pull on the hook or else it would shut itself off. so that was a pain. but then, i measured my bike one day and got one weight and weighed the next day without any changes and the bike was 2 lbs heavier. no i didnt have 2 waterbottles or anything on it the second day, it was just crap. ive been happy with my ultimate alpine though.

jeremyb

Frasertri

by Frasertri

jeremyb wrote:i ordered one of the $20 ebay digital fish scales and it was total crap....
..... you had to turn it on, then pull on the hook or else it would shut itself off. so ive been happy with my ultimate alpine though.
jeremyb

Wow! I must be lucky - because the one I got
( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _Stores_IT )
is great! It gave the same weight for my bike as my pal's Alpine Ultimate scale exactly! And I've been weighing wheels and tubular tires on it, and getting weights that jive with the listings on this site.

Is that the one you had a bad experience with JeremyB? Sounds like you got a more expensive, less accurate one though... :?

jeremyb

by jeremyb

thats the exact one i got. IMO its disposable guaranteed to last until the 30 day warranty has expired or whatever, BUT.....maybe i just got a dud. Good luck!

jeremy

Post Man Pat

by Post Man Pat

jeremyb wrote:i ordered one of the $20 ebay digital fish scales and it was total crap. you had to turn it on, then pull on the hook or else it would shut itself off. so that was a pain. but then, i measured my bike one day and got one weight and weighed the next day without any changes and the bike was 2 lbs heavier. no i didnt have 2 waterbottles or anything on it the second day, it was just crap. ive been happy with my ultimate alpine though.

jeremyb

yeah it's the same at where I work. I weighed my bike one day before upgrading it. I measured the weight savings on our sub 2kilo scale and I saved a total of 1000grams but when i weighed the bike on the hanging scale it came 200grames heavier then i started.

wogamax

by wogamax

Don't these fish scales require calibration? Maybe that's the problem... Of cource, these things are easily trashed by exceeding limits, too.

I'm looking for one. The shipping scales are the other way to go, I guess:
http://cgi.ebay.com/35-LB-ULTRASHIP-SHIPPING-SCALE-POSTAL-SCALES-SILVER_W0QQitemZ9504149303QQcategoryZ50954QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a 200 gram scale that goes to .1gram, but that obviously leaves me short on capacity.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com