Weight Weenie "Friends"

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

I dont know what keeps you guys coming back to this site, but one major reason for me is the friends I've made. Felix0r being an example. I think everyone knows I've tried to help Felix out a bit with his new build and despite numerous questions on how he could thank me and deliberate attempts by me to avoid giving my address :lol: Felix eventually found a way!

This arrived this morning.....

Of course, I'm a weight weenie so I weighed it! :wink:

Seriously Felix, to send me a medal from one of your races is a gesture that I will treasure forever. Your act of generosity belies your years my friend and its something for which I'm very grateful. Perhaps you can let us all know the story behind it?

Thanks!
Attachments
Picture 061.jpg

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

I didn't help him, honest!

The friends I have on this forum mean that I am officially a geek, with internet friends. But you guys are real friends. Group hug! :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

divve

by divve

Simply outstanding. It's a privilege to receive such a gift of personal recognition.

Kuiper

by Kuiper

nice gift from Felix to Lee,

by the way I think we have to wait a few days to hear the story he's training on Cyprus 8)

drjones96

by drjones96

A truely wonderful gesture. I'm interested in the story also.

FelixOr

by FelixOr

Hi everybody!
well, i thought it is nice to send lee something that has a special meaning to me. to buy him something wouldnt be very effective, if you know what i mean ;)
i try to find as much time as possible to check out the forum, but right now i only have 8minutes, so i try to tell the story quickly:
i won this gold-medal in 2004, at the austrian track championships (points race). it was my first ever national title, and before this race nobody knew me. i suffered like a pig the whole race through, and was equal in points with the austrian road race champion until the last sprint. it was the hradest race i had the whole year. i didnt think i could win it, because most of the other guys raced against me and helped the other one. i got 2nd in the last sprint, about 2cm in front of him. it was a photo finish and took about 5 minutes to tell who has won it.......i won the race by 1 little point :)
i was so unbelievable happy, because it was the first race i have won, and nobody thought i could win it. this medal always reminded me that if you really want something, you can get it. you just have to try as hard as you can.

very nice to open a thread lee! i hope the medal brings you luck ;)

sorry for grammaticla mistakes, but i cannot read through the text. ...gotta go now :mrgreen:

-felix

ps: hear you in 2 days

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Awesome.

drjones96

by drjones96

Wow! :shock:

Squiggy

by Squiggy

You what must be done, now that you have a medal...

DRILL IT OUT!!! :D
I'm a real Roadie, now!
2003 Colnago Dream (57 cm) full Dura-Ace 7700.
2005 Colnago C50 HP (56 cm) full Dura-Ace 7800.
2006 Giant TCR 2.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tcr

by tcr

Great story Felix, and a very generous gesture! :)

Its great to have so many friendly and helpful people here who are willing to go out of their way for others :D