HaHo,
I like your setup, very sweet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Warblade

by Warblade

Nano wrote:I agree, my Orions are arrived this week and they would be fitting better with the Merlin.

Orions are VERY sweet, but my god! They're friggin' expensive as far as brakes go! I can't think of any others that are more expensive! Sweet looking bike though.
www.ChrisDiRe.com

Adam Hansen wrote:Sponsors should not have to go, its the doped riders that should be shot instead, in the knee caps would be nice.

Amadeus

by Amadeus

AX Lightness Orion is the most beautiful carbon breaking callipers IMHOP.
I will not mount them on my Gios project because they are not Italian. But they match very nice!

Maybe I mount them on my other bike. But because I am a rider over 90 kg I first wan't to hear some reviews from guys that actually did ride the Orion brakes in racing conditions or downhill at high speed.

The price is high but if it is true that they even brake better than the AX Perseus then it would be worth is. Thier weight is the absolute minimum. Real WW stuff
My bike is Italian so it is Nervosa and of course has Anorexia I like them thin!
GIOS "New" Carbon Ultra 2006 Campa Record+Special parts.
GIOS "New" A90 2008 Campa Record+Special parts. My winter and vacation bike.

2Fast4U

by 2Fast4U

really nice bike HA HO :wink:
the Orions will look sweet on your beauty
Keep'M Spinnin

Warblade

by Warblade

One question HA HO, I see that you have your "race wheels" but how do you plan to race your bike when it weighs 14.21lbs and the UCI limit is 14.96?
www.ChrisDiRe.com

Adam Hansen wrote:Sponsors should not have to go, its the doped riders that should be shot instead, in the knee caps would be nice.

Herbert

by Herbert

Warblade wrote:One question HA HO, I see that you have your "race wheels" but how do you plan to race your bike when it weighs 14.21lbs and the UCI limit is 14.96?

Although my name is not HaHo and I only "play an UCI official on TV or in my dreams", I wanted to post a quick answer as this question often comes up.
This is one rule that I have never seen enforced by USA Cycling officials anywhere. Just imagine the work involved if USA Cycling official would have to play Weight Weenies. :-)
In big races I can see someone possibly protesting, but that should be so rare and would most likely catch the officials offguard. In UCI ProTour event of course the chance to get checked and or protested against are much realistic of course.

Cheers,
Herbert

Warblade

by Warblade

True Herbert, very true. Although in Washington, they check all bike weights for the Uphill TT's (obviously) and at Nationals. Still it would be good to make sure it's at 14.96 because that would really suck to win a race and then have your bike weighed...and then get disqualified :shock:
www.ChrisDiRe.com

divve

by divve

14.96lbs is still too light. The limit is 6800g or 14.991 433 829lbs

HA HO

by HA HO

They are called Race wheels because that's what I will put out for the special occasion "It's my Birthday" kind of rides. I guess they are my "black tux" wheels - I don't want to use them all the time because then they will not get the WOW factor when I do pull them out. Have you ever know a plain jane girl who puts on makeup every so often and you just say "Something different about you-WOW"? That point exactly. I don't "Race" or pretend to say that I do. All of my racing days are behind me, used to for the local club. I honestly can't afford to be laid up over something that happened over a challenge towards a finish line with someone. I'm a GM of a Jason's Deli (Texas based sandwich chain) and that calls for me to be pretty mobile. Those in the same industry can vouch for that. I'm pretty selective about who I ride with, and therefore avoid picking up riders whose styles I am unaware of. Not that I am a bike snob, we know each other's technique and style. I have a tendency to overlap wheels and ride in the center between two rows of riders, usually only during conversations, and they know that fact. I call the other wheels "beaters" because they will get most of the mileage. My twin Hai and Madcow have expressed it before, but why buy stuff if you are not going to get the maximum usable value out of them - So I have been using the Boras for about 3 month now since I got them for myself for Christmas. I am however competitive at what ever I do, usually finishing in the top 10% percent at whatever I do, so my entire life has been in this race. Hai and I have a healthy competitive relatioship. I'm actually getting back into the Duathlon scene soon in March, so I will use the Boras as my Race wheels. Hope that answers the questions, and thanks to Herbert. BTW Orions are solid.
HA HO - AND REMEMBER LOVE YOURSELF

PNuT

by PNuT

i would ride alone if my tounge was as long as your fingers
21 for road 27 for mtb :D

HA HO

by HA HO

Sorry if I seem long winded. I don't post much and am not one to post just for the sake of posting. Someone said I seem like more of a poet than some are used to - I guess that would include you. Not to cap, but I do listen more than you probably think I do, for is why God gave us humans 2 ears and 1 mouth. Cheers.

gregclimbs

by gregclimbs

Herbert wrote:This is one rule that I have never seen enforced by USA Cycling officials anywhere.
<snip>
Cheers,
Herbert

thanks, herbert, but I am an offical... :O

it is because UCI rules are not enforced by USAC unless it is a UCI qualifier or national championship.

also, they have removed the 2007 compliance wording from the new rulebook...

g

HA HO

by HA HO

Update photos. Hai, my twin brother, let me borrow his LW's for X-Mas.

Happy Holidays everyone.
Attachments
s1655.jpg
1620.jpg
1616.jpg
1615.jpg